Author Topic: New UMI A-Arms  (Read 6350 times)

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New UMI A-Arms
« Reply #15 on: December 04 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
Is this the parts you were talking about Charlie? Will the "flipping" work?

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/buick-racers-toronto-surrounding-areas/99483-summit-umi-performance-sale.html#post852845

Kinda Dave. I found a bump steer correction kit that's less than $100 each side and a set of control arms that can be moved forward or rearward to adjust caster. Still haven't found a decent priced set of lower arms yet though.:( I've been working with Scott W on setting up a poor mans suspension upgrade so you don't have to spend $4k to make the car handle and stop on a dime like some seem to think you have to. If anyone's interested I can set the parts up as a package deal with springs, bushings, ect, and will cost you less than you think.:)

As far as flipping the arms it's not a problem since they're symetrical. Make sure to get the 8.5" arms though instead of the shorter or longer ones.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline gordyzx9r

• PSI: 0
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04 2011, 09:12:44 PM »
Any downsides to this kit:

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_59_275&products_id=618

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_59_275&products_id=535

Bill says both my gbodyparts lowers look like they were improperly welded together...jus t to play it safe I'll switch out the uppers and lowers (again) while the motor is out.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04 2011, 11:00:14 PM »
Take some pics of the lowers Gordy. I'd like to see what they look like. Would you consider sending them my way so I can make a few jigs up?

UMI maks some of the best parts out there, period! I can get you the ball joints for less and even the same brand if you want. Howe and a few other companies make them or you can get some off the shelf ones, but you do have to change the holes in the knuckle.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04 2011, 11:04:00 PM »
Take some pics of the lowers Gordy. I'd like to see what they look like. Would you consider sending them my way so I can make a few jigs up?

UMI maks some of the best parts out there, period! I can get you the ball joints for less and even the same brand if you want. Howe and a few other companies make them or you can get some off the shelf ones, but you do have to change the holes in the knuckle.

When I get them back I'll take some pics and see about sending them your way.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
Thanks Gordy. I'm looking at a few changes in the design that should make them a little more user friendly, and no more heim joints or poly bushings. Longer lasting and quieter while still providing a better part for the G body and S-10's.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05 2011, 10:06:07 PM »
I ordered the new style of uppers and lowers from UMI today...they have active duty military discount so it saved me a few dollars.  Should arrive on Friday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal