Author Topic: Latest Wood Project  (Read 7670 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Online nocooler

• Administrator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Wood Project
« Reply #16 on: January 04 2018, 05:50:43 PM »
I tried talking my wife into a retro wagon for a cruiser as I think it’d work awesome, but she won’t be caught dead in one.

IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 04 2018, 05:57:00 PM »
Lol..

My son's wife said it would great for camping
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
Super envious!  I've been wanting a wagon for a while now
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05 2018, 05:15:22 PM »
Sloppy Mechanics 6 L junkyard engine and turbo.

I've been wanting to put a stock GN turbo and IC on my slant 6 van for many many years now.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #20 on: January 09 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
Earl, that would probably be a good swap into the wagon as well.  Those slant 6's were damn good engines and they would really run with a little modding.

My son is officially the second owner of the wagon, or he will be when he registers it.  The original owner is/was a professor at Washington State University and he is the only owner on the title as the guy my son bought it from down here in Texas had bought it a few months ago and not registered it or got a Texas title on it.

When my son stopped in College Station and looked at it, he said it was surging when it gave it gas and the guy said it might be low on gas because it had run well before.  Guy had 15 Mopar B Bodies and was working on 6 of them.  He said he was an engineer.

The guy said he would deliver the car because he was making a run to Houston the next day to pick up some engines that he bought off a machine shop that was closing.  When he got to my son's house, he had six engines on the trailer...a couple of hemis and the others were 440's.

They backed it off the trailer and it quit running going up the drive.  Guy said he had never really looked at the gas gauge and thought it worked but was not sure.  It was showing dead empty.

Anyway, my son did not have time to touch it until Sunday when he put 5 gallons in it.  Cranked right up and he says it drives like a charm.  Runs smooth and it floats down the road, steers straight, etc.  He had a bit of trouble adapting to 5 turns lock to lock steering for the first couple of blocks.  LOL

Fortunately, it has disc brakes on the front and actually has a front sway bar. It has AC which I doubt works and cruise control which probably does not work either, but who knows.  It's not registered and he did not leave the neighborhood.

The original dealers window sticker was in the glove box.  Same size as his Ram pickup
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10 2018, 08:14:02 PM »
Same size as his Ram pickup

Excellent.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal