Author Topic: Scanmaster Relocation  (Read 7281 times)

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Scanmaster Relocation
« on: November 20 2012, 06:27:52 PM »
  <blockquote>There are many members giving some great ideas of having the Scanmaster LED color replaced to Scanmaster relocation. Beside the usually position above the radio podium, or between the radio podium and the speed Dashboard, I relocated the Scanmaster above the rear view mirror. No more looking down to see the numbers having your eyes off the road, now you can see who's behind you, as well as seeing in front view while driving. </blockquote>
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Scanmaster Relocation
« Reply #1 on: November 20 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
Nice JOB !

AJ___

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
Nice- a split collar and a split bushing to get to the right size?

-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22 2012, 03:40:18 PM »
Nice- a split collar and a split bushing to get to the right size?

The flat metal is from Home Depot in the lumber dept., the diameter of the mirror shaft is 3/4" so you need a 3/4 Shaft Collar Double Split in Black, Small 3 pin terminal lead wire harness - Jack and Plug Wire & Socket, 2 small sheet metal screw to replace the 2 small existing machine screw since the existing screw are too short to be assemble with the flat bracket, soldering iron, and shrinking tubing. I almost forgot the 10' 3 conductor wire was purchased in Home Depot for $3.00. On one of the picture you will see there is an offset on the end of the flat bracket, and also I grind down the split collar on both side and drill/tap 1/4x20 cap screw. I know these parts are available by home, but I found them to be pricey, so I got most of them through EBay; the only drawback is the shipping waiting game.

87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline Shimy87

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13 2012, 02:38:50 PM »
Nice, I put mine in the same location! super easy to watch.
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16 2012, 11:22:29 AM »
hmmmmm... what r ya gonna do while your watching/looking at the Scanmaster then the tree hits the car while your eyes were "busy" ???

Offline Shimy87

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27 2012, 05:07:33 PM »
call an ambulance??
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 11 2013, 10:59:23 AM by gnonyx »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal