Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Buick Tech / Re: Power log -- getting some knock, need help
« Last post by wmsonta on December 09 2018, 11:45:48 PM »

-----

« Last post by Scoobum on December 09 2018, 09:16:20 AM »
watch the temperature and humidity for you boosted fellows. HG changes or worse ain't no fun.
All that and more is available from the website I posted above. In real time, including right now w/closed track. At your individual track, if listed. Most are listed.

An incredible tool for ET racers, where a lot of races come down to hundreds of a second and conditions can change in minutes.

I bracket race my GN. Keeping it on a dial is a handful with temp/humidity changes. The NA guys have an easier time of it as their ET's don't fluctuate anywhere near as my boosted application. I'm constantly having to change the dial from round to round...or add or subtract high gear fuel to keep it on its dial. I park beside two Superpro teams...and they keep me posted with their weather stations. Thanks for the link.
« Last post by wmsonta on December 08 2018, 11:04:26 PM »
watch the temperature and humidity for you boosted fellows. HG changes or worse ain't no fun.
All that and more is available from the website I posted above. In real time, including right now w/closed track. At your individual track, if listed. Most are listed.

An incredible tool for ET racers, where a lot of races come down to hundreds of a second and conditions can change in minutes.
« Last post by TexasT on December 08 2018, 09:40:10 PM »
« Last post by wmsonta on December 08 2018, 01:27:55 PM »

"Make your fueling adjustment...a nd go"
http://airdensityonline.com/tracks/

We have used a cell phone to get air density, grains, etc, for 3 seasons. I recommend it. Scoob is correct, however everything I post is NA.

I help an ET racer who runs 6.53 in 1000' air, but 6.75 in 3200'. Quarter mile changes would be dramatic.

HTH.
« Last post by Scoobum on December 08 2018, 12:06:18 PM »
my plan was not to add timing but take some away and get it closer to 18 degrees, I really like the feel of the 29 psi just kinda scared of the KR, but I am still at 128 setting on fuel (70 percent) duty cycle on that log. so I have room to add which makes me think that I can add enough to go the 1/4 mile at around 125mph.
Thanks for the help Scoob

Keith...when you hit the track...run it out to the 1/8th mile...and get out of it. Save the file and go back and look at it. Make your fueling adjustment...a nd go back out and run it out to the 1000 foot mark...and get out of it...and save the file. Make your fuel adjustment...a nd go back out and run it out the full 1/4. Try and keep the high gear 02's at 780 for each run. If you feel it's a tad rich on the 1/4 mile blast then pull a little fuel or alky. Scoobs tip of the day. Sneak up on the tune.

Go out and buy yourself a cheapass digital thermometer/barometer...and jot down the temp/humidity for each run. If the temp or humidity drops, I promise you the 02's will lean out. Throw fuel or alky at it.

On a side note, I've seen my car pick up as much as 2.5 tenths on a 15 percent humidity drop. Watch your head gaskets boys and girls.
General Auto Tech / Re: 2003 k2500 6.0l
« Last post by TexasT on December 06 2018, 06:24:39 PM »
I will try that. I haven't really looked at it other that feeling under for a weep hole and drawing back a wet set of fingers. It appear some use an air hammer. I guess ill try to loosen it before taking the belt off. And hunt up a clamp or maybe a vise grip to hold it still.

On a side note I put the gauges on the ac in the T and it is holding the 40psi I put in it. I'm hoping to have it blowing cold this summer. Also making progress on the 4l60e for the white truck. The 3-4 clutches were pretty torn up.
« Last post by nocooler on December 06 2018, 03:46:28 PM »
Rich put a small c-clamp on the back side of the pulley to lock it in place and then use a pipe wrench. Pretty sure itís left handed thread. Might have to smack it to bust it lose
« Last post by TexasT on December 06 2018, 11:49:38 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/8MILELAKE-Clutch-Wrench-Compatible-Mercedes-Benz/dp/B01GDXC4OM?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01GDXC4OM
Maybe something like this. Not sure what id need a 32mm for but things pop up. And it appears to be left hand thread. Any confirmation on that?
« Last post by TexasT on December 06 2018, 11:19:26 AM »
Get the pedal figured out and it goes to pissing water out the water pump weep hole. I guess it is jealous of the attention the white truck is getting.
So do I need a special wrench to get the fan clutch off? Seems to be a 36mm flat piece of metal. Is is worth it to track down the snap on guy or just get one from the part store and try to make that work?

Water pump on order from rock auto. Broke the T out and drove it to work. Fresh off the bushing and pass side manifold work over. Smelled like burning paint as we broke in the grill paint o the manifold.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10