Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Buick Tech / Re: Power Seat Motor
« Last post by Steve Wood on September 18 2018, 10:40:31 PM »
Mine is back on with an '87 seat base.  It's different, but much better.  I am pretty sure from what I read that the basic '87 style with three individual motors was used on a bunch of GM models for several years.  The trim is different as well. 

William sent it to me and as I started to install it, I notices that one of the mounting legs was bent and pulled away a bit from the bracket.  Bent it back into position and welded it.

Then I noticed that one of mounting holes where it bolts to the bottom of the seat was cracked as well.  I think it had been in a wreck.  Tried to weld that and discovered it was frickin' aluminium.  Had to get one of my friends to tig it back together.  All is well now and I am back in operation. No pain, no gain.
IHADAV8 Playground / Saying good bye
« Last post by larrym on September 18 2018, 10:22:43 PM »
Sad there are fewer and fewer everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
General Buick Tech / Re: Power Seat Motor
« Last post by 6 PAK on September 18 2018, 10:12:06 PM »
Mine did the same thing last year. Mine is an 87 but when you get the seat out you can use a drill but you will have to do each side separately. I had 2 other power seat motors, both from 87's, of course mine was different. After some research it looks like on the later 87's they used the Cadillac motors. I just set it by hand for now. Crumbled up like a fortune cookie LOL.
IHADAV8 Playground / Re: Saying good bye
« Last post by Grumpy on September 18 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
It looks like the GN is headed to the shredder

Did the ins co take it ?? Why do ya say heading to the shredder ??
General Buick Tech / Re: fuels and materials science.
« Last post by Steve Wood on September 18 2018, 07:25:04 PM »
methanol is far more corrosive than ethanol.  Most modern parts used in alky systems are anodized, I believe, and that makes it resist both...ethanol especially.

When we used to run alcohol cars (methanol) we flushed the systems after every race day to prevent corrosion.
« Last post by Forzfed on September 18 2018, 06:41:12 PM »
https://www.equipmentworld.com/e-10-alive-the-corrosive-damage-ethanol-gasoline-does-to-your-fuel-pump/

Just by the first pic the stuff seems pretty corrosive to me.
I've been running E10 for 20 years and have never had any experience like that and my cars have been stored for over 4 years with E10 in the tank with stabilizer and when I recently changed my fuel pump the old one looked perfect!  I'll bet it has nothing to do with the gas and more to do with the gas station!!  The gas station owner probably never pumps out the water that gets into his under water tanks! 
IHADAV8 Playground / Re: Saying good bye
« Last post by Pyro6 on September 18 2018, 05:28:29 PM »
It looks like the GN is headed to the shredder
« Last post by TexasT on September 18 2018, 01:32:16 PM »
General Buick Tech / fuels and materials science.
« Last post by daveismissing on September 18 2018, 12:28:28 PM »
So aluminum is bad with alky and ethanol.
I haven't found any definitive statements regarding other materials- brass, copper, tin(solder)
Anyone have refs?
For Sale/Trade/Want To Buy / Re: .85AR exhaust housing
« Last post by good2win22 on September 18 2018, 08:25:57 AM »
I'm keeping a close eye on Patrick at BG. He's got a stock short block with a pair of reworked 8445 heads. Convertor is an AC lockup...and he's not locking it. Alky with a TT 5.7 alky chip and the latest generation 6766. He has a thread on the other board going called I Did A Thing. He'll post all data from BG. Watch for Scoob to go with a 6766 and an AC 19930 next spring if he does what I think he'll do.
I've been looking at the 6766 as well...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10