Author Topic: Never Change, America.  (Read 7994 times)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Never Change, America.
« on: August 31 2016, 09:07:13 AM »
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/get-a-load-of-all-the-insane-things-in-nascars-leaked-c-1785956822

I cannot wait until Trump is president - it will be the "redneckoning".

I should probably trademark that phrase...
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
Re: Never Change, America.
« Reply #1 on: August 31 2016, 10:04:50 AM »
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/get-a-load-of-all-the-insane-things-in-nascars-leaked-c-1785956822

I cannot wait until Trump is president - it will be the "redneckoning".

I should probably trademark that phrase...

"Canadians not able to see races on TSN/TSN2   :)

Local bar has the NASCAR fans out on Sundays - betting on the outcome
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01 2016, 10:15:35 PM »
I'll be "redneckoning" to Daytona Feb 17, Speed Weeks, in the motorhome, hopefully celebrating my wife's retirement. The 1st time ever I took 10 days off work without being in a hospital bed. The 3rd time I've been to Daytona for the 500 though.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01 2016, 10:27:08 PM »
I'll be "redneckoning" to Daytona Feb 17, Speed Weeks, in the motorhome, hopefully celebrating my wife's retirement. The 1st time ever I took 10 days off work without being in a hospital bed. The 3rd time I've been to Daytona for the 500 though.

Are you going to call NASCAR to voice your crazy opinion?  Because I think you should. ;)
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01 2016, 11:07:49 PM »
Crazy opinion about what? Thomas and I had lunch with Dale Sr and Richard Childress, both such awesome people. It jerks me NASCAR is looked down on. At least everybody stands during the anthem. Most drivers and teams support some kind of charity. Since Sr. died, I've followed Harvick. I saw him at Dover meet a severely handicapped teenager in a wheelchair, class act the whole way. I think the TV coverage is total BS. I check the stands at the races on TV and cringe at the empty seats. It cracks me up how the hype is on  football, basketball, baseball etc. Strikes, drugs, domestic violence and all their pompous BS. So, no, not asking NASCAR anything but would like to know why the NFL and the 49r's aren't kicking a piece of shit out of the country.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #5 on: September 02 2016, 01:44:50 AM »
Because of the race overtones I boycotted last year's superbowl, first one I believe I've ever missed.
I forgave the NFL when they made a rule about drafting players with any history of woman abuse and planned on enjoying this season.

It hurts my feelings but I'm boycotting again, this whole season.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #6 on: September 02 2016, 01:54:59 AM »
For one, the American flag is not the Police Department.
Two, his pig socks during practice, why is he allowed to disrespect ANYONE while at work?
Three Fuck Kaepernick to the nth degree for wearing a Castro tshirt.
Oh I'm burnt up right now  :013:
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02 2016, 09:06:07 AM »
Here in Canada the biggest problem we have...is our elected officials giving in to special interest groups. If I'm an elected official...the y'd be told if they don't like it...then fuck off.

I was a huge NASCAR fan...and have a ton of Dale Sr memorabilia. I started cheering for Dale Jr...but in the last few years there's 2 things I can't deal with..so I quit watching.

1. Rejigging the points for the stretch run. Fight all year to be first...and then start over, I don't fukn think so.

2. Restrictor plates. It was instituted to keep the cars safe...as NASCAR felt the speeds were getting too high. Bullshit. NASCAR wants these guys bunched up cuz huge accidents ups ratings. All I hear at work from my coworkers on Mondays is...did you see that accident yesterday...WO W! NASCAR wants restrictor plates for safety...then I call bullshit. These drivers are professionals. ..and will lift at the corners when they 'feel' the car getting 'loose'. Watching these guys 'freight train' all day is boring...and doesn't interest me in the least.

Same as NHRA going to 1000 feet...what the fuck is that all about? These guys know the risks when they get behind the wheel. My R1 comes in at around 400 lbs...and puts 185 to the rear tire. I can do the math...and know how fast it is. It's my choice to throw a leg over it.

Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02 2016, 10:42:24 AM »
Crazy opinion about what? Thomas and I had lunch with Dale Sr and Richard Childress, both such awesome people. It jerks me NASCAR is looked down on. At least everybody stands during the anthem. Most drivers and teams support some kind of charity. Since Sr. died, I've followed Harvick. I saw him at Dover meet a severely handicapped teenager in a wheelchair, class act the whole way. I think the TV coverage is total BS. I check the stands at the races on TV and cringe at the empty seats.

Did you even read the article? I am kidding around with you.  Things are getting a little too heavy around here lately with the hypersensitivi ty, drama, and tantrums...
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02 2016, 11:38:06 AM »
Don't watch nascar anymore and don't plan on it. When it was created, it was about using a modified stock vehicle with the same engine you had in the stock vehicle, to race. That was really cool and it made you feel like these guys were driving the same thing that you were. It's morphed into multi-million dollar teams and machines that no one can afford and nothing on them is even close to stock. I still remember watching Richard Petty drive the old charger he had when I was a kid. I also remember the Skoll Bandit and Harry Gant. The races may be exciting but it's not the same as it was in the beginning and it doesn't represent American vehicle manufacturers any more.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
I agree Charlie it used to be good at one time but like so many things we have now it's all about the $$$, plus the one thing I hate the most is the yelling out Boogity Boogity Boogity!
Man Waltrip looks & sounds like a used car salesman to me.  :013:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02 2016, 02:59:12 PM »
NECKCAR worship gets on my nerves almost as much as the 'professional' wrasslin' worship about a decade ago.  At least it jumped the shark and I never see 'stone cold' T-shirts and hear the word 'suplex' in public anymore.

I'm not the least bit surprised at the level of 'customer satisfaction' tracking in that article. NECKCAR doesn't actually offer a product or service. It's nothing more than rolling billboards with a professional wrasslin' storyline.

The restrictor plates really get me.  This is supposed to be (sold as) top level, bad ass, racing....    Top level damn near means 'run what you brung, and hope you brung enough'.   Hears a thought...   put some windows in the stupid cars and let them develop a little bit of tire technology at a rate of faster than pond water.    At least then, the cars will start flipping the correct way.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02 2016, 07:58:51 PM »
If they run a wrong wheel drive yet its a tube chassis rear wheel drive with a v8, no where near what I can buy in the show room. Waste of time to me. I not interested .
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02 2016, 09:25:51 PM »
Crazy opinion about what? Thomas and I had lunch with Dale Sr and Richard Childress, both such awesome people. It jerks me NASCAR is looked down on. At least everybody stands during the anthem. Most drivers and teams support some kind of charity. Since Sr. died, I've followed Harvick. I saw him at Dover meet a severely handicapped teenager in a wheelchair, class act the whole way. I think the TV coverage is total BS. I check the stands at the races on TV and cringe at the empty seats.

Did you even read the article? I am kidding around with you.  Things are getting a little too heavy around here lately with the hypersensitivi ty, drama, and tantrums...
I knew you were kidding, I read the article. The last thing I am is sensitive. I thought it would be OK to voice my opinion. Guess not.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02 2016, 09:31:20 PM »
 It is.

You forgot to voice it in an handy excel format :)

'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal