Author Topic: 2016 UTI gtg  (Read 5687 times)

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
2016 UTI gtg
« on: October 02 2016, 07:16:14 AM »
https://flic.kr/p/MKsEtu

I haven't seen this many turbo regals in one place in probably twenty years. Saw some old friends, met some new ones.

« Last Edit: October 02 2016, 07:33:17 AM by TexasT »
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 UTI gtg
« Reply #1 on: October 02 2016, 08:43:43 AM »
Nice! Always good to see 20+ local cars together.
Looking thru the old magazine pics brings back a few memories.  :cheers:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02 2016, 08:47:39 AM »
Rich

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02 2016, 09:25:39 AM »

I love TR 'sleepers'. Dave...throw yourself in the fountain of youth...grab a used U haul car trailer off Kijiji...and get out and do some bracket racing with me at SMP next year. The public haven't got a fukn clue of what your TR or the other models of TR's are all about. I was hoping Justin would get the racing bug...as he was out with me last year...but got discouraged with his ET...and Phillip has fallen off the face of the planet. I'm getting too old to keep campaigning the car every weekend. It's all fine and dandy that the car gets a ton of attention...an d I get bombarded with questions. What worries me is the young guns haven't stepped up. They're the ones that will keep these cars alive with the public for the next 30 years.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02 2016, 09:39:46 AM »
First one on the right is Jason's Grey Ghost, next is Ken White's white 87. Both limiteds, Jason with chrome Ken with the WO2 black out. There was another blue limited WO2 at the other end of the row. Also several Grand Nationals, some regular T cars and an 86 WH1. Quite a representation of the cars.
Rich

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02 2016, 10:44:43 AM »
Urinary Tract Infection is a horrible name for a club.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02 2016, 10:51:45 AM »

I love TR 'sleepers'. Dave...throw yourself in the fountain of youth...grab a used U haul car trailer off Kijiji...and get out and do some bracket racing with me at SMP next year. The public haven't got a fukn clue of what your TR or the other models of TR's are all about. I was hoping Justin would get the racing bug...as he was out with me last year...but got discouraged with his ET...and Phillip has fallen off the face of the planet. I'm getting too old to keep campaigning the car every weekend. It's all fine and dandy that the car gets a ton of attention...an d I get bombarded with questions. What worries me is the young guns haven't stepped up. They're the ones that will keep these cars alive with the public for the next 30 years.

That Justin kid had lots of magazine dreams, it is no surprise he got discouraged.  These are definitely cool cars to own when they are running right. Hell, the kid I sold mine to texts/calls me with a tech question about every 30 days - I don't believe he has taken it to the track yet.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02 2016, 08:38:01 PM »
Urinary Tract Infection is a horrible name for a club.

*like*

:hmm
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03 2016, 12:25:27 AM »
Brad one day, when I finally get the bazillion bullshit maintenance things that should have been done 10 years on my car I'll bring mine down.  Why oh why didn't I spend more money on this stupid thing when I was paying 350 a month in rent and didn't own a bloody house.

Nice pics Rich!
87 Regal Limited

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03 2016, 06:45:13 AM »
Brad one day, when I finally get the bazillion bullshit maintenance things that should have been done 10 years on my car I'll bring mine down.  Why oh why didn't I spend more money on this stupid thing when I was paying 350 a month in rent and didn't own a bloody house.

Nice pics Rich!

Got kids yet, Steve?  Drag Week was my first time out racing in 3.5 years.  Daycare fees don't leave a lot of play money either.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03 2016, 09:32:27 AM »

Nice pics Rich!

Got kids yet, Steve?  Drag Week was my first time out racing in 3.5 years.  Daycare fees don't leave a lot of play money either.

Add a GTA sized mortgage and college fees and see whats left. 15 years worth of things that need replacement on the car and guys raggin' on ya for not being ready to go racin' every weekend. /endrant

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03 2016, 09:39:07 AM »
 I'm living vicariously thru you guys so please keep up the good fight (posts) :)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03 2016, 09:47:05 AM »
Natasha was teasing me when I got home from Drag Week that I sold my Buick to make some memories.  She was right - mean, heartless and cold-blooded  - but, right.

The fact is we are all very fortunate to have a toy (raced or not), some hard-working folks don't.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03 2016, 10:50:48 AM »
I'll tell ya like my dad told me, do everything you ever want to do before you get married.
That's  why mine is a beater, two in college, on in Jr high, house note, pool that seems to require constant money, kinda like a Buick for the kids. Haha. I think actually owning a house saves me money over renting but who knows. Know the neighbors don't like us wrenching late.

It was a fun time. Lots of cars. There was a vid someone made that had the buicks un it about the 2 minutes mark but I cant fund it again. I'll keep looking .
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Rich

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal