Author Topic: Data logging and poor mans Edash  (Read 3950 times)

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Data logging and poor mans Edash
« on: April 26 2016, 11:22:10 PM »
So I log what I can on TunerPro thru my gen ll translator. I wanted to log passes at the track and didn't want a laptop stand. I picked up an Acer Iconia W3-810 8" tablet that runs windows 8 fits in the dash perfect. I configured a little Edash with boost afr and rpm.
Genll does not read knock but I can set me SES light to flash when it sees a preset amount of retard.

http://youtu.be/cbhIHINkHOA

Probably work well with a power logger too but I'm not familiar with that software.
« Last Edit: April 26 2016, 11:28:00 PM by larrym »
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Data logging and poor mans Edash
« Reply #1 on: April 27 2016, 08:30:26 AM »
Neat! Powerlogger should work on it. Not much to get familiar with but a wealth of data to help you keep the engine together
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Data logging and poor mans Edash
« Reply #2 on: April 27 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
I'm just happy to get my lap top off the seat lol. I got the idea from the Droid ALDL software thats out there. The W3-810 is a windows based tablet a a few years old picked it up used for $100.00  64G so it can store a few logs and it fits in the dash perfect.
If I had it all to do again I would go with the power logger and bobs new gauge scan master does the power logger have a dash display in the software? I know some guys use TunerPro. With the SD2 chips so TunerPro must be able to pick up the data stream.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
Re: Data logging and poor mans Edash
« Reply #3 on: April 27 2016, 12:19:41 PM »
PL does have a guage display tab. I think it would work great on your little tablet. With the blue tooth of the new scan master guage and the the tablet, you could log the runs on both the guage and PL but you would be seeing the same data.  It would kinda make the scanmaster useless and not needed. PL uses the space bar to start recording the run. Not sure how that would work with your tablet...
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal