Author Topic: valve springs  (Read 18554 times)

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: valve springs
« Reply #75 on: July 25 2016, 09:06:54 PM »
On that intake deal. I don't use the rubber pieces they include. I just lay a bead of gasket goop with some extra where the head, intake and block come together in the corner.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 25 2016, 09:30:57 PM »
Thanks guys!! I did the intake once already when I had a leak so I got that part. I am more worried about doing the cam/timing set. Never done it before and the whole process with break in has me worried I'll screw it up. I'll be doing a lot of reading!!
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #77 on: July 25 2016, 09:53:55 PM »
Find someone local that has done cam swaps  before...Ford, chevy or whatever
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25 2016, 10:18:16 PM »
Lots of lube on cam and lifters. Get it busted off and running and up to 2k rpm for the twenty minute break in. Have a pal or two to watch for leaks and other problems. Dump the oil and filter and run it. I like to drive it like I stole it but not every one wants to do that.

As Steve pointed out a buddy with previous experience is preferred to the ones who come just to drink your beer.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26 2016, 01:48:56 PM »
Most of mine are just there to drink my beer or Captian. Some times It just helps to have a buddy there to say " looks right to me"  :icon_lol:Got everything ordered to do the cam and timing set....took 4 different vendors to get it all. Now just gotta study up and wait for boxes to arrive. Im sure once I start ill be back here with questions. Thanks for the help guys  :cheers:
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal