Author Topic: ramblings of a new engine  (Read 2356 times)

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
ramblings of a new engine
« on: October 28 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
http://www.empirenet.com/pkelley2/DynamicCR.html

Now that I have the Regal mobile I have been studying up on some of my other back burner projects. First is an intake gasket swap on the designated tow vehicle, and a 4l60e overhaul for the other burb that quit shifting. Then there is the GS.

I caught the darn thing on fire last time I tried to put it in the trailer so I ended up moving it on our open trailer. This lead me to the thought that maybe it needs an overhaul. I drive it pretty had as it is my first car. It used a LOT of oil, but then the rings off one of the pistons were in the pan and that piston had one big groove about half way around and a lot of carbon on the top. Probably 15:1 in that hole. We polished the crank, git a replacement piston and new rings n bearings and a gasket kit and put her back together. She worked well until I bought the 84 t-type.

I read about some 6.8 long BBC rods. These have a .990 pin end and a 2.20 big end so you have the crank offset ground to stroke it a bit. And with the custom piston you can get close to a zero deck without too much off the block(like .020 to clean it up). This sounds like the way to go and gives you 470 inches as a bonus to the stronger rods.

I kind of like a "stock" iron head(im cheap), but to take advantage of the extra cubes m kind of leaning to some ta stage 2 . This kills the sleeper with manifolds so I'm torn.

Any thoughts on a cam for this setup?

Tia
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal