Author Topic: Internet advice  (Read 2132 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Internet advice
« on: July 09 2018, 02:36:00 PM »
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Internet advice
« Reply #1 on: July 09 2018, 11:47:02 PM »
I like when someone posts a question I'm interested in following, and the first reply is ''call such and such, he knows what to do''.

Kinda defeats the entire purpose of posting, you know....   data.

I spend a lot of time on some speedboat forums a few years ago searching threads to help me decide on a cam for my BBC   (oddly enough, my engine learnin's is backards as hell.  I started out on 4cyl DOHC multivalve quadcarbed motorcycles, then had to learn pushrod single carb 'merican iron).

Damn near everything is ''Call blah blah. He did my cam and 'it runs real good" when trying to learn cam nuances specific to working with jet drives.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10 2018, 09:10:26 AM »
Many times Call Blah Blah is safer because he has thought of the 3 things you/I didn't stop to consider.
Not helpful if you really want to learn, some gurus are willing to share and capable of teaching, those guys earn my respect.
"Bring it to my shop, I'll fix it for you" is rarely the answer I look for, tho common among the secretive money grubbers.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 10 2018, 09:38:11 AM »
I like those statements such as John D brought his car to my shop and we installed blah, blah, blah.  He left with a car that should be putting out 675 hp and run 10.4's.  When I see these statements, I think that guy has gone full time vendor especially when one of the blah's is an XFI system.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10 2018, 11:31:56 AM »
I do like Steve V's videos and pictures, I feel I do learn something along the way

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10 2018, 01:50:51 PM »
   When I see these statements, I think that guy has gone full time vendor especially when one of the blah's is an XFI system.

I'm amazed at how many people are buying FAST systems lately.   That's just too much money to replace something that flat out works 99.5% of the time.

ESP when I see the people going XFI not even remotely knowing the basic basic basics.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10 2018, 02:42:26 PM »
Its like when kid lobbies for a new pet, "OH YES" I'll feed and walk it and pick up the poop every day... NO idea of the responsibility and maintenance.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal