Author Topic: New Tow Vehicle  (Read 6910 times)

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
Re: New Tow Vehicle
« Reply #15 on: January 13 2019, 02:54:45 PM »
Nice
Wish I could step up from my ‘03 5.3
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
Stunning truck Brad!!!!! Are you keeping it bone stock ???? Besides the Borla???

This truck stays bone stock. The new 2018 gets the Borla ATAK dual setup when it comes out of storage this spring.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14 2019, 10:34:12 AM »
Those Duramax's crank out 660 foot pounds of torque...unfor tunately the mint low mileage ones are all shipped State side. I looked...and found nothing but junk.
Just got back from Edmonton this weekend.  One of the Dodge dealerships has a brand new Ecodiesel MSRP $66K, and they are asking $39K.  I'm almost temped to buy it.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14 2019, 11:52:17 AM »
I can never make the math come out on a diesel pickup. I guess I don't tow anything heavy enough. Between the initial cost and extra upkeep it is way more and now that diesel has become more than gas by a margin it is even worse.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14 2019, 12:55:22 PM »
I can never make the math come out on a diesel pickup. I guess I don't tow anything heavy enough. Between the initial cost and extra upkeep it is way more and now that diesel has become more than gas by a margin it is even worse.
True but still a good price, I would offer $34K and go from there.  If I get it for $36K that would be $26K US for a brand new truck.

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15 2019, 06:35:40 AM »

Diesel USE to.....and I’ll say again, USE to be much cheaper but is no longer the case. It’s one off furnace fuel for god sake! 😡 again, we are being raped on fuel costs in this country. No reason what so ever for for diesel fuel to be .20-.25 cents more per litre. Other than a major cash grab by the gubment. That my American friends is at minimum $1 MORE per gallon roughly.
« Last Edit: January 15 2019, 07:44:46 AM by gusszgs »
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15 2019, 03:15:52 PM »
I remember when I bought my Toyota Diesel many moons ago.  Diesel was .44/liter and gas was .59/liter.  So you saved on both ends, filling up and milage.
I have family and friends with Diesel trucks and they get close to 30mpg at 75mph where my little 4 cylinder Truck gets around 22mpg.  The biggest advantage is in the towing department.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16 2019, 12:54:14 PM »
This am gas was 1.89/gal and the diesel was 2.59/gal. And the extra oil and such on the diesel just adds to the money that just doesn't get made up as I only live nine miles from work and most weeks only work four days a week. Hard to make up the money with limited driving. I guess like Jason points out you get a free truck with the Cummins engine on those dodge units. Or is it Ram? I'll stick with my GM 6.0 and 7.4 and get the 200k miles out of em and call it good.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal