Author Topic: Whole story  (Read 9959 times)

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
Re: Whole story
« Reply #15 on: July 19 2005, 11:45:42 PM »
Quote from: "Racer X @ Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:40 pm"
I have had two Art Carr transmissions. The first one lasted 1400 miles. They fought me tooth and nail about fixing it. They finally relented and fixed it with me paying for the labor. That trans lasted 300 miles then puked. Good people to do business with.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20 2005, 01:29:53 AM »
Quote from: "Anonymous @ Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:40 pm"
I have had two Art Carr transmissions. The first one lasted 1400 miles. They fought me tooth and nail about fixing it. They finally relented and fixed it with me paying for the labor. That trans lasted 300 miles then puked. Good people to do business with.
Rob

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Whole story
« Reply #17 on: July 20 2005, 04:16:50 AM »
Don Wang hooked me up pretty good too. I detroyed the Hughes converter he recommended, but he took it back and went through my whole tranny for free and got me another, although I wasn't thrilled. Then after a few weeks or so he called up to see if I wanted to keep the new Hughes, upgrade to a 10/12 converter or get a refund. I took the refund and got a Pat's. I've been daily driving on Don's tranny for almost 2 years now and I have no issues. I've heard a lot of good and bad about him, but he proved himself to be a good guy. I believe my warranty was unconditional as well.

I was under the impression that Art himself was still doing the transmissions. If time is an issue, deal with it. I was riding the bus and trolley for a few weeks waiting for my Pat's unit to come in, it was worth it. If you keep driving it it will only get worse.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20 2005, 12:21:53 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous @ Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:40 pm"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal