General > IHADAV8 Playground

A New Best Milage with the BabyMax

(1/2) > >>

Forzfed:
I ordered a catch can for my 2.8 Duramax.  I decided to go to Grand Forks do a little shopping and pick up my catch can at the border.  From the house to the Border I managed a 5.9L/100km, but there was almost 30 km of construction so I was a little under the speed limit.  When I left the border it was sitting at 38.87 usmpg.  I was doing 70-72mph on the freeway and held a consistent 35.9 usmpg 90% of the way.  As I pulled into Grand Forks it was sitting at 36.0 on the money.  Driving around brought it down to 34 usmpg.  When I left GF I was doing 75-80 mph and my milage was starting to dip so I decided to hold steady at around 66-68mph.  That got me back up to a little over 36 mpg.  From the border to home I got a best of 5.5L/100km or 42.76 usmpg.  Again, the construction really helped getting that.

Round trip 452.9 km and total average of 6.5L/100 or 281 miles 36.187 usmpg.  I always have to rub it in to my Boss whom is so liberal he would probably marry his bicycle if he could.  He used to give me a hard time about my diesel truck.  Which will no doubt destroy his Toyota Camary in the milage department! :icon_lol:

What do you guys think?  Pretty damn good for a 5000lb Truck!

nocooler:
That's pretty damn good. Better than our CRV got this weekend, I think we averaged 34mpg.
How does it tow?

Forzfed:

--- Quote from: nocooler on June 27 2023, 04:56:05 PM ---That's pretty damn good. Better than our CRV got this weekend, I think we averaged 34mpg.
How does it tow?
--- End quote ---

Bone stock I find it could use a little more HP.  But with all the low end torque it has no problems pulling away.  I had close to 8000 lbs including the dump trailer and it took a bit to get up to speed.  Still wasn't broken in, since then the computer has upped the redline from 3400-3800rpm.  And I installed a CAI, bigger exhaust and a 4 pos chip to give me an extra 45hp, and a throttle commander.

Steve Wood:
That surprised me.  That is really good! :cheers:

phil_long:
Yeah that's incredible fuel economy!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version