Author Topic: Drive Your "Collector Car" / "Investment"  (Read 3080 times)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Drive Your "Collector Car" / "Investment"
« on: August 26 2016, 11:00:13 AM »
Because it isn't worth anything parked: http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-2016-ferrari-488-gtb/

And it upsets people to see you doing well for yourself.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline darkryd

• <Enter Part> to overcome hesitation
  • Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • <Enter Part> to overcome hesitation
    • View Profile
Re: Drive Your "Collector Car" / "Investment"
« Reply #2 on: August 26 2016, 12:44:06 PM »

Haha. great articles.  Totally agree. Love the end of Clarkson's article "He’d still be on his way to a useless garden centre, in his crummy Citroën with his ugly wife and his two gormless children.".  He has such a way with words. 
[/size][/color]
[/size]Pebble Beach article... same context.  "[/color][/size]Cars need context. Otherwise, they’re vaguely mechanical-inspired sculptures. Pebble Beach is a very nice sculpture garden".  [/color]

I'm not much of a gardener.  I do mow my lawn though, at least the front lawn

Somewhat related, bit of a stretch...

started listening to the School of Hot Rod Radio Show.  Latest episode is about appraisals and insurance.  Guest was [/size]OSCA Champion Driver, Bill Lutz.  They talked about Turbos a lot... even though it was a show about appraisals and insurance.  Right at the begging Bill talkd about his dad selling #418 GNX.

http://ernlive.com/show/school-of-hot-rod-radio/113/episodes/insurance-appraisals-full-show-73

87 GN “Darkryd’: 87,000 km’s (~54,000 miles), Stock Engine: rebuilt in 2003, PowerLogger, Kenne-Bell KB9007PR chip, Scanmaster-2.1 (not working yet, working out bugs), TE-44, Stock injectors, Fuel Pump - Holley Pump 12-900, THDP - Terry Houston 3" Down Pipe with Cat, Hooker Cat-Back, B&M Megashifter

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26 2016, 12:51:10 PM »
Trailer it there, unload it, after a few hours put it back in trailer & back to climate control until next year doesn't seem like much Fun to me? Where is the Racing for these Race Cars?

David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
Motor Trend's channel on the U-tubez has live streaming of historic/vintage race cars - and it is AWESOME!

There is literally nothing that cannot be rebuilt these days.  Except an experience; as it is fleeting and once missed the opportunity for that moment is gone.

That being said I had my TBSS appraised to compensate me financially for enjoying it at the wrong place/time - LOL.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Online TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26 2016, 04:45:32 PM »
I drive the regal everyday to and from work. As soon as I get the GS going I will  drive it too. Not sure why people trailer cars around to shows and such. I guess I just wouldn't understand.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26 2016, 05:23:15 PM »
I was looking at Ferrari's on Ebay for around the $75K mark but they are all slower than the Buick so what is the fun in that?  You would get more attention in the Ferrari and I'm sure it would corner much better but I still like the eyes stuck to your skull acceleration!

Online TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26 2016, 08:02:35 PM »
I'd want a classic type touring car. If they weren't so expensive to maintain a 400 super America would do me just fine. When was the last time you saw one?
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26 2016, 08:53:02 PM »
I was looking at Ferrari's on Ebay for around the $75K mark but they are all slower than the Buick so what is the fun in that?  You would get more attention in the Ferrari and I'm sure it would corner much better but I still like the eyes stuck to your skull acceleration!

Sound. Handling. Fit and Finish. Prestige. Blah, blah, blah... but, I see your point.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31 2016, 09:03:06 AM »

started listening to the School of Hot Rod Radio Show.  Latest episode is about appraisals and insurance.  Guest was OSCA Champion Driver, Bill Lutz.  They talked about Turbos a lot... even though it was a show about appraisals and insurance.  Right at the begging Bill talkd about his dad selling #418 GNX.

http://ernlive.com/show/school-of-hot-rod-radio/113/episodes/insurance-appraisals-full-show-73

LOL
Want to know where 418 is now? Bruce must be the 3'rd owner
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31 2016, 09:09:59 AM »
I guess we have done about 6,000kms between the two cars so far this year.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal