Author Topic: More Questions regarding body bushings:  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
More Questions regarding body bushings:
« on: May 22 2005, 02:29:42 PM »
More Questions regarding body bushings:
All questions apply to a 16K mile '87 turbo-t which I am setting up for spirited street (straightline) and handling (freeway on ramp & off ramp, moderate to sharp cornering), with the emphasis on handling and I have the following questions:
I have seen some people quoting prices in the $ 150-160 range for body bushings, does this include both the upper and lower body bushings. Kirbans has a complete set of 24? factory upper and lower body bushings, including the GNX bushings, for about $ 250. Would I be better off going polyurethane? The other planned suspension parts will include Bilsteins on all 4 corners, Kirban's or Global West's front and rear springs, bigger front or rear sway, or both, Kirban's or Kenne-Belle rear seat brace, good upper and lower rear control arms, probably Global West, and maybe tube style front upper? or lower? control arms, with good del-alum bushings throughout the system. Any comments, pro or con, or suggestions for parts, name brands, or places to buy are welcome and appreciated. Most stuff will come from Kirban's and global west, so far as planned. I am planning on having this done by Tim Lee at Donlee Auto in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
Re: More Questions regarding body bushings:
« Reply #1 on: May 23 2005, 03:33:56 PM »
Damn, Kirbans is expensive.

I have poly bushings. I cant remember the difference in the ride though. It's been a while. All 24 or whatever were changed.

You might as well buy new bolts while your at it. I cant remember if mine are SS or not. If your going to keep the stock bushings, someone will end up replacing them in the future. Do 'em a favor and use never-seez. They say it works.

Thats my two cents.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: More Questions regarding body bushings:
« Reply #2 on: May 23 2005, 11:02:16 PM »
I went Hotchkis on the rear control arms and braces. Urethane bushings
are better, if you can find them. No need for stainless bolts, but new is
definately recommended. (Be4u, good tip) On some of the bushings, the factory chinced out on the lower half. Replacing them all will make a huge difference.
I also replaced my front control arm bushings with urethane ones from Energy
Suspension. Thats also a big improvement.
Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal