Author Topic: powerlogging!  (Read 15382 times)

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
powerlogging!
« on: July 29 2016, 09:56:05 PM »
so I got it all set up there are a couple things in these logs that have me confused is there really 24.7 degrees of timing in this chip thats what it shows WOT in third.
The chip is programed to lock the converter at 85 I have a switch on brake switch to stop it from doing so could it be affecting the 3rd gear signal from the trans? the chip is burnt for 23/25 a boat load of timing

I know its fat but my gauge shows 10.5 not the low tens the log shows.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #1 on: July 29 2016, 11:25:19 PM »
It appears it's either the pressure switch or the wiring 3rd gear never shows gotta drop the pan 😟
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
Best ET 11.36

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: powerlogging!
« Reply #2 on: July 29 2016, 11:49:38 PM »
I don't think Eric uses the switch...befor e you take stuff apart, ask him

I would be more concerned as to why the gauge and the PL give different answers.  I am sure you told Eric what wb you are using.  tell me so I can set my pl up.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29 2016, 11:57:33 PM »
What has Eric got written on the chip? Am I seeing a lean spike of 11.18 and KR of 10.1? Battery voltage 12.2 at WOT?
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29 2016, 11:58:58 PM »
I would also wonder why the o2s are starting to be on the lean side while you say the wb numbers are very rich....and the stock O2 are lean and the boost is only 19 psi

Something is not right
Steve Wood

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30 2016, 12:00:16 AM »
What has Eric got written on the chip? Am I seeing a lean spike of 11.18 and KR of 10.1? Battery voltage 12.2 at WOT?

I am guessing the ecm is hearing something when he gets on it...need to compare the alternator voltage to the PL voltage but, its's low like you said.
Steve Wood

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #6 on: July 30 2016, 01:19:53 AM »
It's am AEM WB that knock was as I got on it it was a little lean.
I did not even look at the narrow band readings.....
Best ET 11.36

Offline larrym

• View Profile
powerlogging!
« Reply #7 on: July 30 2016, 01:22:37 AM »
And the voltage does drop WOT it's 200 amp alternator most of the time it's close to 14 volts I think my battery is on its way out.
Best ET 11.36

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #8 on: July 30 2016, 03:07:12 AM »
How can I view Larrys files on a tablet?
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30 2016, 05:26:14 AM »
http://www.ihadav8.com/forum/index.php?topic=5346.msg77846;topicseen#new
See my post. It is about the nineth post down on the fourth page on my thing. Yours may differ on the location . I have a link in there. You have to be running windows to use the pwrlgr software but it does work on my desktop running XP.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30 2016, 07:07:36 AM »
It appears it's either the pressure switch or the wiring 3rd gear never shows gotta drop the pan 😟
If the metal on the tranny filter is touching the terminal on the pressure switch, it's been my experience that you won't see the gear swap on the PL. 
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30 2016, 07:13:14 AM »
To view PL files you MUST have the PL software loaded on whatever device you're using. I believe it runs on 98 Windows on up. I use XP on my laptop in my TR to record runs.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30 2016, 09:36:02 AM »
It's am AEM WB that knock was as I got on it it was a little lean.
I did not even look at the narrow band readings.....

You will find the the narrow band is more reliable in a general sense than the wb in 90% of the cases.  If the wb sensor is a Bosch (which yours is) and it has seen a single dose of leaded fuel, then you can figure that it is not reading correctly.  If the narrow band sensor has seen leaded fuel, then it is suspect as well altho we seem to think the Denso nb sensor is a bit more resistant.

If the wb gauge does not agree with 0.1-0.2 a/f's with the PL, then I suspect the install.

Your car should be showing 0.850v on the narrow band at your reported wideband readings at that low of boost.  Obviously you have data that is not worthy of use and you need to determine if the narrow band or the wide band is the problem.

I would think the car should be tuned to a wide band reading of about 11.2 for that low of  boost with no sign of timing retard.  It looks like it is hearing a noise that is not detonation but given that I don't believe your readings at this point and don't know the parts history, I would not place a bet on anything.

The voltage is low.  I don't know if it is low because it is the typical scantool difference due to the analog to digital conversion in the ECM, a corroded fuse holder in the fuse block for the ecm-ign fuse, or the common loose, corroded terminals on the ignition switch connector.  Only a voltmeter connected to the wiring on the inside of the car will tell us if the scantool is reading correctly or is off a bit as so often a case.  I have seen different ecms provide a different voltage to the scantool so I am always leery as to the source of "low voltages".

The 200 amp alternator does not mean it is good either...I have one and it has a cheap imported regulator in it just like most do today.  I don't see anything that suggests the battery is bad but we don't have any data to go on either way at this point.  It is really the voltage going to the module that counts in most cases, I think.

Steve Wood

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30 2016, 09:41:26 AM »
Larry...that's a C12 chip you're running. Checked my PL log and it's the same as my C12 race chip on the default timing settings from the log from last nite. I was fairly certain Eric didn't run that much with his alky chip. I grabbed my alky chip from the glovebox and it's 22/20. You can adjust the timing to 22/20...but I'm fairly certain he runs different fuel and timing curves depending if it's a street/race/alky chip. What has Eric written on the chip?

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30 2016, 10:03:03 AM »
Larry, I assume you were running pump gas with alky for that PL file. What octane?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal