Author Topic: GN1 FMIC feedback.  (Read 1657 times)

Offline V6POWER

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
GN1 FMIC feedback.
« on: March 30 2014, 08:12:11 PM »
Would I see any performance gain (see combo) going from SLIC to FMIC?  If so, is the GN1 any good?  Also, would the cooling system (radiator/fan) need upgraded?  This is aminly a street car with occassional trips to the track.  Thanks for your opinions/feedback.
Jim: 87 GN with--PT 6262, billet wheel/journal turbo - Khai ported stock heads - Erson 208 cam - Speed Pro forged pistons - RC trans. - PTS 9/11 tc - MSD 60# - CAS V-4 - 3" DP - ATR 2.5" exhaust - 62 JJ TB/Hemco plenum - FAST XFI - Bailey two-step and Alkycontrol. Best 1/8 mile run: 6.795 @ 101.31.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: GN1 FMIC feedback.
« Reply #1 on: March 30 2014, 09:07:49 PM »
If you are running in the nines, or if you are running the stock IC from the factory, I would say so...otherwise, if you are running an aftermarket slic, then probably not...You might pick up a little if you are in the very low tens over a good aftermarket slic, but you might not

If you live up north, you might get buy with the stock radiator...oth erwise, if you are in a warm part of the country where it approaches a 100 dgs, then I am guessing you are going to have to work on the cooling
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline V6POWER

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: GN1 FMIC feedback.
« Reply #2 on: March 30 2014, 09:30:35 PM »
Thanks Steve.  I live in NC and it can get hot here.  I would probably have to upgrade the cooling system, which costs additional money in addition to the FMIC.  It probably wouldn't be that much performance gain to justify the money spent.  I will just keep what I have.     
Jim: 87 GN with--PT 6262, billet wheel/journal turbo - Khai ported stock heads - Erson 208 cam - Speed Pro forged pistons - RC trans. - PTS 9/11 tc - MSD 60# - CAS V-4 - 3" DP - ATR 2.5" exhaust - 62 JJ TB/Hemco plenum - FAST XFI - Bailey two-step and Alkycontrol. Best 1/8 mile run: 6.795 @ 101.31.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal