Author Topic: So anyway...I NFL failed  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
So anyway...I NFL failed
« on: October 05 2012, 06:32:32 PM »
And I'm checking my e-mail stuff before I get to mowing the acre of goat feed at the shop. My Park Ave Ultra is ready for replacement at 193K. I've been searching for a 96-99 Rivvy. A local pseudo dealer I've been in touch with just left with a black reconstructed title 99. I asked him on the phone if the paint was as good as displayed on the ads and he said yes. He gets here and it's door dingy marked on the right side. What the shit. That would be WTS, not WTF. So I asked him if he would be interested in trading the Ultra and a Mitsu. Mirage (My tow-behind ride). His answer: I gotta ask my wife. Now that's a WTF. Wait a minute, I'll ask my wife if I can BUY your fucking car. Just sayin.
So anyway, after being off for 2 months 1st job needing done: pull the GN tranny Sat. Done. Next PITA job Mon.: replace Cobra tranny clutch assly. and tranny. Done, on the road.
So back to the Rivvy. Gotta say, did a Google search and a Rivvy came up in Oklahoma. Who do I think of first Steve??? William Avila. I let him a message on Facebook and he calls me within a 1/2 hour, not knowing I'm from the Buick community. We talk for awhile til I realize he doesn't know who I am (not that I am anybody) He is super helpful and gets me fixed up with an acquaintance of his, Chris, who goes over and checks out the car and test drives it!!!!! Chris e-mails me next day and gives me his opinion. Bottom line, may be going to OK if I can't find something local. 96-99 Rivvy, gotta love it.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: So anyway...I NFL failed
« Reply #1 on: October 05 2012, 07:36:25 PM »
William is a really good guy.  It is no wonder that he is a car selling fool because he really takes care of his customers....g lad that might work out for you.

The great thing about being an unretired goat rancher is that I seldom have to deal with people :)  Most of the Buick guys are nice and the idiots can be turned off :D
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal