Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
NAPA
« on: November 20 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
Somebody bought out one of the smaller jobbers and converted it to a NAPA franchise.
The corporate NAPA (excellent) a few miles down the road closed.
If you don't get the former proprietor at the desk yer screwed.

As for an oversize 9/16x18 fitting 1/4 tube and a blank look ensues, finally waves me to the brass adapter drawers-no luck.
Ask to see boxes with the specialty fittings, claims he doesn't have, eventually finds only one box with banjo fittings....
Sigh.

I thought the point of a NAPA was that they had it/ or knew where to get it, and for that you paid a premium? 
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: NAPA
« Reply #1 on: November 20 2011, 02:58:41 PM »
I've found your better off going in and asking for exactly what you want part number in hand or god only knows what you will get........... . Napa does sell Wix its about all I buy there.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20 2011, 10:41:34 PM »
The NAPA here is an independant and only 2 out of 6 employees are worth talking to. I know how you feel about idiots at the parts store, believe me.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21 2011, 09:48:18 AM »
Fuckin stupid commercials.

NAPA KNOW-HOW BABY!

Matt Allmen National NAPA Know How Commercial
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22 2011, 09:30:44 AM »
That has to be 1 of the top 10 Stupidest Commercials I have ever seen!  :O
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22 2011, 09:51:04 AM »
That has to be 1 of the top 10 Stupidest Commercials I have ever seen!  :O

They definitely need to review the marketing dept at NAPA
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
We've used NAPA as our major supplier for as long as I can remember. It's a local family operation with the 3rd generation coming through to take over. Having quality knowlegeable people behind the counter is priceless. We're a NAPA Auto Care Center, we order almost everything online, which takes the counter person out of the picture. I agree, the NAPA commercials are XXXstupid. Why we have to sponsor a Toyota NASCAR team doesn't sit well with me either. It seems on most of the forums, NAPA seems everyones favorite to bash. The reality is customer service in general seems to be in the toilet, it doesn't matter if it's groceries, hardware, auto parts.... Of all the auto parts suppliers I deal with, they all sell the same stuff anyway, just in a different package. Seems to be the same in the Buick community. You can buy the same thing from multiple sources but it comes down to who is the most pleasant to deal with on the phone. Everybody should take a lesson from Eric at TurboTweak, the best customer consideration I have ever seen.

Offline larrym

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22 2011, 10:14:47 PM »
yes it all comes down to people I have a buddy that works at a local parts store when I call I always ask for him. He is performance minded and runs a procharged Olds we usually shoot the breeze and talk about where we are at with our cars I try and help where I can since he has helped me. I surprise him a now and then, he is spaying water meth can't get him to drop the water out of the equation.

Bottom line is if you find someone you like to deal with and you trust their expertise doesn't matter who they work for you will buy from them.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal