Author Topic: Track results with my Limited  (Read 49611 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Track results with my Limited
« Reply #165 on: September 26 2016, 12:07:49 PM »
Brad I didn't max the hole for the RJC pipe I left at least a solid 1/8" & I'm at 21-22 lbs with 2 turns into the rod. I need a track pass to really see where things are at because the short blips on the 401 don't cut it.

I turn is usually about 1 pound..at least with mine. If you turn it up a bit...toss some extra high gear fuel at it on the 1st pass. Better safe than sorry...and you can pull some on the 2nd run to bring it where you feel comfortable.

On a temp change like we've had in the last couple days...when I take it out again, I'll overfuel high gear on the 1st run...and then dial it in on the 2nd. I'm way too old to change headgaskets.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 26 2016, 12:12:11 PM »
Exactly I have No Desire to pull the motor like I used to do every winter & especially not from a track day when I have the ability to add fuel etc. Thanks for the tip!  :cheers:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 26 2016, 12:25:32 PM »
Exactly I have No Desire to pull the motor like I used to do every winter & especially not from a track day when I have the ability to add fuel etc. Thanks for the tip!  :cheers:

I'm gonna quit guessing on fueling next spring. I'm going 6.1. Set your AF where you want it...and go. It's easy...and I understand it...so it's the next logical step for me.

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 26 2016, 01:03:34 PM »
Brad I didn't max the hole for the RJC pipe I left at least a solid 1/8" & I'm at 21-22 lbs with 2 turns into the rod. I need a track pass to really see where things are at because the short blips on the 401 don't cut it.   

I hear ya on the street testing, had a good place but starting to see local sheriff's every now and then....only a matter of time before they get me on a 3rd gear test :icon_confused:
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline larrym

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Track results with my Limited
« Reply #169 on: September 26 2016, 02:13:34 PM »

I'm gonna quit guessing on fueling next spring. I'm going 6.1. Set your AF where you want it...and go. It's easy...and I understand it...so it's the next logical step for me.
I'm on the fence SD2 or 6.1 .....

Mobile larrym
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 26 2016, 02:24:20 PM »
Speed Density is wayyyyyyyyyyyy yyy beyond my single digit IQ.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 26 2016, 06:30:53 PM »
I went the sd2 route. Haven't installed it yet. Fortunately, there is a guy local to me that has bob Bailey helping him tune. I'm going to take it very slow after I install it. I spoke with Eric at length before pulling the trigger on it. I also had Eric make the low gear timing adjustable for my chip. His default SD2 chip doesn't have that option
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 26 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
OK I'll bite, what is 6.1 something from Eric?
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 26 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
OK I'll bite, what is 6.1 something from Eric?

Dave...go to Erics site and read up on it. Basically with Erics 5.7 chip you make a run on the defaults. Check your run on PL and then you guess how much fuel you add/subtract to get your desired fueling. With my car, 750 is about as far as I'm willing to push it. I've raced in all kinds of weather...so I have a good idea what to do with my fueling adjustments in regard to temp/humidity. With 6.1 you set your AF...there's no guessing. If a moron like me can understand it...then anyone can.

Eric has instructions on a PDF file on his site. You'll need a WB. I have an AFX...same as Steve has. Call Norbs...and talk to him about it if you don't have one.
« Last Edit: September 26 2016, 08:10:28 PM by Scoobum »

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27 2016, 01:07:24 PM »
Thanks, I have a Bosch wideband and a Fancy Pants A/F gauge from Mike at FT with added little lights that also logs stuff & has interchangeabl e faces & such but I don't care to get into all that as long as I have my Powerlogger & scanmaster. I'll definitely take a look over the winter at the 6.1 because I'm like you with all the Tech, I don't have the patience to learn all of it so Simple is Good!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 27 2016, 01:40:01 PM »
Is technology really that scary?
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27 2016, 02:17:34 PM »
Mike I wouldn't say scary but not having the aid of kids it takes me much longer to teach myself. I'm not into the tech or gaming stuff as much as say the mechanical aspect of it. When I was about 11 I took apart the snowmobile engine one day to see how it worked & needless to say I couldn't put it back together. My Dad wasn't impressed!  :rofl:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 27 2016, 05:13:27 PM »
Thanks, I have a Bosch wideband and a Fancy Pants A/F gauge from Mike at FT with added little lights that also logs stuff & has interchangeabl e faces & such but I don't care to get into all that as long as I have my Powerlogger & scanmaster. I'll definitely take a look over the winter at the 6.1 because I'm like you with all the Tech, I don't have the patience to learn all of it so Simple is Good!

I have a ton of patience with these cars...but I have the IQ of a house plant. I can't wrap my head around SD or any aftermarket fuel management system. 5.7 and 6.1 are easy for me to understand. I like being dumb...as it keeps me away from all the cool guy stuff.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 27 2016, 05:30:52 PM »
I suppose we are here to help guide you guys when called upon.  The self tuning stuff these days makes it a breeze.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #179 on: September 27 2016, 09:23:33 PM »
Where was this stuff 15 years ago? I'm glad to have people like (insert name here) though and all the stuff they do for our tiny community.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal