Author Topic: What tools are needed?  (Read 23266 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: What tools are needed?
« Reply #15 on: July 27 2016, 06:26:00 PM »
Just wondering how many pounds of R134 you put in?

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28 2016, 10:13:31 AM »
I am going to head back out and try to add more refrigerant. I guess it just takes more. This is all new to me. I hope I can get it to cool. It will make driving it more enjoyable.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28 2016, 12:14:36 PM »
I am going to head back out and try to add more refrigerant. I guess it just takes more. This is all new to me. I hope I can get it to cool. It will make driving it more enjoyable.

The reason I ask is I had a buddy do mine and I believe it took 5.5 lbs.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28 2016, 02:23:36 PM »
Well, I tried again but didn't make much progress. I'm not sure the thing isn't clogged up. I guess I will take it all apart and run the flush through it and switch it over to the ester oil. Then I can also be able to try the 152a stuff. I have a new drier, and some flush and ester oil and some new green prongs. Just more work i guess.

Got called for some time and a half work so I packed it up and went to make some money. I can think about it some more. Any suggestions are welcome.
Rich

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28 2016, 04:36:31 PM »
What low side pressure did you get up to Rich? When both sides equalize what is the pressure?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
Only got to  23 psi so we jumped the compressor at the switch on the drier which pulled the clutch in and the compressor on. I think something might be clogged or there is a big leak as I couldn't get it to take any more refrigerant. I tried to put some in the high side as the pressure wasn't much but it would only get up to 35 or so psi.

I am going to get another filler thing as they are cheap. The one I had was about thirteen yrs old and when I was trying to thread the female on to the angle can tap thing the end broke off. Brittle I guess. Or I tightened it on too tight but I was just using my fingers so I don't think it was that tight.

When I "cracked"(loosened) the yellow hose fitting at the can tapper the gauge would jump to 60-70psi and hold but if I opened the high side valve it would go back down like the refrigerant was going into the high side. They would equal up at about 20psi. This makes me think there is blockage in there and it wont equalize unless the high side valve on the gauge set is opened up.
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28 2016, 06:16:55 PM »
Thanx for the help. I should have learned this stuff before.
Rich

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28 2016, 10:41:53 PM »
Do you want to bring it down Rich? It would have to be on a week day though.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28 2016, 11:39:15 PM »
Let me clean it out and see about the new drier and ester oil. If I can't then, ill see about getting up with you. It is just weird it wont take any refrigerant into it. Must have a blockage.
Rich

Offline fastNfurious

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27 2016, 09:30:34 AM »
Thanks for the nice report on repair! I may need it one day....

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23 2018, 09:21:47 AM »
I was out there goofing with it T last night. I had gotten some dye to put in to see about leaks so we did than on this car and the Malibu. Ended up pulling a vac on the T so we put the other can of redtek in ad got it to "short cycle" . Big thanks to Jason as he hooked me up with a compressor as mine the bearing was going out. We swapped that on a while back and just now got around to goofing with it again. I am going to order more redtak and see what I can do with it.

On to the problem. High side port leaking in the Malibu. From the reading turns out this thing doesn't have a shrader valve and you replace the whole port. I can't seem to break it loose. Will heat help? I can hit it with the mapp gas but wasnt sure. Also might ry to put some ice on it. It seems to be 16mm but imnot having luck getting it off. Did find the replacement.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/tools/heat+&+air+conditioning,a/c+charge,a/c+high+side+charge+adapter,6536

Any ideas are good ideas. We need us some cold air.
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23 2018, 11:31:29 AM »
https://youtu.be/xWNqHYl2uGY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xWNqHYl2uGY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscree n></iframe>

Not real up on this YouTube. I'll have to get brad to give me some pointers.
Rich

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23 2018, 03:19:19 PM »
I was out there goofing with it T last night. I had gotten some dye to put in to see about leaks so we did than on this car and the Malibu. Ended up pulling a vac on the T so we put the other can of redtek in ad got it to "short cycle" . Big thanks to Jason as he hooked me up with a compressor as mine the bearing was going out. We swapped that on a while back and just now got around to goofing with it again. I am going to order more redtak and see what I can do with it.

On to the problem. High side port leaking in the Malibu. From the reading turns out this thing doesn't have a shrader valve and you replace the whole port. I can't seem to break it loose. Will heat help? I can hit it with the mapp gas but wasnt sure. Also might ry to put some ice on it. It seems to be 16mm but imnot having luck getting it off. Did find the replacement.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/tools/heat+&+air+conditioning,a/c+charge,a/c+high+side+charge+adapter,6536

Any ideas are good ideas. We need us some cold air.
It is probably red locktighted on so a little heat might help
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23 2018, 06:21:30 PM »
Yes on the valve and  guess I need a special socket? I put an open wrench on the nut looking thing on the tube and when at it with a wrench, then a flare wrench, the  a deep  socket. Didn't seem to budge. I will heat it up a bit. I poked it a bunch with the Schrader valve tool before we figured out it isn't a Schrader equipped unit so the thing is pretty beat up. Wasn't holding before didn't try to pull a vac on it. Did squirt some air in and the compressor came on. It did make a pop noise so I hope I didn't goof it up. Was going to get another port and go after it with the gas axe and see where I'm at. Was worried it might be left threads but the jnterwebz say regular threads.
Rich

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal