IHADAV8 Playground / Re: Road trip
« Last post by Steve Wood on Today at 10:01:05 AM »
Black Swan

Did you put some trailer wheels on the front?  :D
General Buick Tech / Re: Compression check
« Last post by wmsonta on Today at 09:36:23 AM »
a leakdown tester
This.

If you get a leak thru the intake or exhaust, tap the top of the valve. I lay a ball peen hammer on the valve stem and hit the hammer. Centering the valve in its seat, can show bad guides.
« Last post by good2win22 on Today at 09:00:01 AM »
3081 miles and she's home. Have to come up with a name...
« Last post by TexasT on Today at 12:28:42 AM »
Get you a leakdown tester if you have an Air compressor it gives more info than just psi.
« Last post by Shimy87 on October 19 2018, 10:36:53 AM »
The 146 was checked first and then again after the rest...hoped it might go up some...stayed the same....gonna just run it and keep an eye for changes
« Last post by TexasT on October 19 2018, 06:27:47 AM »
I'm glad you were able to get the deal done and get to your goal of a "black" car. Looking forward to the resurrection.
« Last post by wmsonta on October 19 2018, 12:14:43 AM »
117 is wide as hell.   
Well, there are reasons.

Earl, you appear to have a good grasp on this subject. If I could figure PM's out, I might have something you would have interest. Dunno. If PM's have a reply button, you could message me.

To Op, I am sorry if I have helped to derail your thread.

I am out-
« Last post by earlbrown on October 19 2018, 12:03:50 AM »
Also, depending on your opinions of David Vizards dyno experience, he came up with a formula for choosing the optimum LSA...   On a non-canted head it's 128-(cubes per hole / intake valve D in inches X .91)

for a 231 V6 with a stock intake, the match comes out to 107.3911.
a .30 over with an oversized 1.77 valve comes out to 107.8634

Granted that's for an N/A and I have no idea how it converts over to turbocharged if there's any adjustment for being supercharged. Modern turbos are so efficient these days that the cam choice is damn near the same as N/A.

Plus, the other cool thing about turbos is that cam choice isn't that critical.  Pressurized air with blow right past the throttle body and cracked open intake.  Atmospheric just can't do that.
« Last post by earlbrown on October 18 2018, 11:56:18 PM »
117 is wide as hell.   I can't think of any pushrod OHV V engine that needs that much.  Nowhere close.

Even considering that much separation means the lobes are waaaaaaaay to fat.  (and the correct fix is to put the right lobes in there)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10