Author Topic: Injector Cleaning at Home  (Read 2977 times)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Injector Cleaning at Home
« on: November 24 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
Thought this was interesting...

DIY Fuel Injector Cleaning & Repair

This is the end result of a few hours of work and $60 because I didn't have a 1/4" NPT tap in any of my kits. I could have done this for less-than $40. The BG products were donated to the cause.

Tech info:
The REASON you want to use 20 PSI is precisely because of how peak-hold type injectors work. The injector signal sends a 4v spike to open a peak-hold type injector quickly, then maintains its open condition with only 1 volt. Really, it's a current thing and there's a longer explanation, but that's it in a nutshell. When you put the injector in its operating pressure, it takes more than a AA battery to open it, but you don't want to sustain that much current with a momentary switch and your expensive injectors. This isn't in the video because this warning wouldn't be as clear. Unless you can simulate the injector pulse precisely, don't try it. 1.5v is enough to open it below its operating pressure. If you open it and THEN apply pressure, you can flow as much pressure as you can throw at it.

I don't discourage anyone from getting their injectors professionally cleaned and balanced, but in my case, I didn't feel that was necessary.

In my first video, I thanked the seller for these injectors and happy to know I got a great deal on high quality parts. My gratitude is even greater because I had problems with them. It gave me an opportunity to help others troubleshoot these kinds of problems when purchasing used parts. A different idiot might have blamed the seller for peddling crap, demanding their money back... but that would only be because they didn't even know what they were looking at.

This particular idiot knows what high quality parts RC injectors are and how to clean 'em. $250 + $60 still means I saved about $150 on a brand new set. We all benefit because I bought these and I'm grateful! Let the good times roll.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Injector Cleaning at Home
« Reply #1 on: November 24 2012, 08:10:03 PM »
hehe funny.

AJ___

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27 2012, 04:17:37 PM »
handy!
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 27 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
I liked the part where he mentioned the need to remove the screens and install new ones...

That was a good video to promote just how cheap it is to pay $90 bux to someone that does it properly and does not risk burning up the coils in the solenoids as well as to clean them properly and check the flow and spray pattern afterward
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28 2012, 10:22:16 AM »
I liked the part where he mentioned the need to remove the screens and install new ones...

That was a good video to promote just how cheap it is to pay $90 bux to someone that does it properly and does not risk burning up the coils in the solenoids as well as to clean them properly and check the flow and spray pattern afterward

That was most likely due to all the crap that came out of the pipe with no filter etc to the injector.

AJ___

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal