Author Topic: And here I am (again)...  (Read 5954 times)

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
And here I am (again)...
« on: October 28 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
It's been awhile since I've posted on here (or any TR board for that matter) and kinda disappeared altogether from the internet this past year. 

Here are the quick updates:

• I got divorced.
  • I have joint legal and physical custody of the kids, which means they live with me for 6 months and with her for 6 months.
  • I got full custody of the dog, cat, and the hamster.  The dog, being a Shih-Tzu does not do well for my man card.  For awhile there I refused to have him groomed and was telling people he was an English Sheep Dog runt.  The cat died, she was over 20 years old.  But before she went, she killed the hamster.  I had to get a new hamster to replace that one so my son wouldn't find out (this makes Hamster #3).
  • I got stuck with the house and had to lease it out because it won't sell due to a crappy market.
  • I still have my toys (GN, T-Type, Ninja, Truck, Trailers, etc.).
  • I moved to the Eastern Shores of AL (it's near Gulf Shores).
  • I have a girl friend now, and her Love Bird has moved in with me and has established a relationship with my dog.  It's very, strange.
  • I am working for Ingersoll Rand, and it's awesome.  Seriously, it's a great gig.
  • Things are starting to finally normalize for me a bit and I'm kinda making my way back into my hobbies.
  • I had to come to the realization that I have too much crap and not enough time to play with it (let alone maintain it).  So, I'm selling the white '86 T-Type.  I might sell the truck and the trailer too and buy a smaller truck or a jeep to play with.  It's a GMC 2500HD that gets 12MPG so it sits and collects dust...I only use it to tow the trailer and I only pull the trailer if I'm taking a TR somewhere (which I don't have time to go to BG or Reynolds or wherever).
  • It took forever to get the GN back...I mean seriously, forever.  The first two FUBAR attempts took over a year, and the third build took over a year.  During that time, I was seriously contemplating getting out of TRs altogether as I was getting really frustrated with the thing and people not following through or owning up to their mistakes.  Because of that I was avoiding talking about TRs and haven't kept up with the community at all.
So, what's new in the TR world?  What'd I miss?  What are the new gotta have parts?  What parts are no longer available and everyone is scrambling to horde?  Vendors?  Conspiracies?  I am so out of touch it's ridiculous...

As for the GN, this is what was done (motor and transmission):

Twisted 6 Racing/Chris Hogeland Rebuild:  4340 Forged Stroker Crank, 4340 Forged 6" H-Beam Rods, Custom Roller Camshaft, Morel Roller Lifters, Custom Front Cover w/Oil Pump & Oil Pump Pickup Tube, Billet Main Caps, Custom Forged Pistons, Custom Ring Set, T&D 1.65 Roller Rockers, Custom Springs w/Lightweight Titanium Retainers for Roller Setup, 10° Locks for Springs, COMP Cams Valves, HD Valve Seals, SS Engine Bolts, Custom Trend Performance Push Rods, Billet Timing Chain, COMP Cam Internal Balancer, ARP Main Studs, MLS Head Gaskets, Push-Loc Vacuum Fittings, 3"  SS Downpipe, SS Waste Gate Actuator, Boost Controller, JW Flex Plate, HD Flex Plate Bolts, HD Water Pump, Intake Spacer, HD PCV, COMP Cam Oil Pan Gasket, COMP Cam Intake Gasket, COMP Cam Rear Main Seal, COMP Cam Header Gaskets, & COMP Cam Valve Cover Gaskets

Transmission:  Jason White (V6Racer) Stage II 200R4

That complements the existing stuff:

• AC Delco CD Player (part # 16085434) with wiring harness adapters
• AEMC Digital EGT Monitor
• Aluminum Brake Drums
• ATR Adjustable Wastegate Actuator, Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Charcoal Canister Relocation Kit, Driveshaft Loop, Heavy Duty Rear Sway Bar, Heavy Duty Transmission Pan, Polished SS MAF Pipe, Polished SS Throttle Body Inlet Pipe,  SS 1½” Headers,  SS 2½” Exhaust w/Pit Bull Mufflers, SS Crossover Pipe, SS Race Pipe, & Passenger Side Valve Cover Vent Kit
• B&M Transmission Supercooler
• BFG Goodrich 236/60 R15 Radials (front
• Bill Ragland Custom Pre-Luber with Moroso accumulator and solenoid
• Blistein Gas Shocks
• Casper’s 3 Bar Map Sensor, Audible Knock Detector, Fan Harness GN to SPAL Fan, Headlight Brightener Harness, Ground Stretcher Kit, Casper's Fuel Pump Wiring Upgrade Kit, Heavy Duty Battery Positive Extender & Negative Battery Cable
• Champion Ported Cast Iron Cylinder Head, GN1 Ported OEM Aluminum Intake Manifold, GN1 IAC Valve Adapter, CNC Series Buick Power 6 Valve Cover
• Classictube SS 2 Piece Tank to Pump Line w/Inline Filter, SS Complete Brake Line, SS Emission Tube, SS Fuel Injection Feed Line Throttle Body Injection, SS Fuel Lines, SS Fuel Rail Feed, SS Fuel Rail Return Line, SS Transmission Line Kit, SS Vapor Line, & Stop Flex SS Braided Hose Kit
• Conley 22 Row Intercooler
• Cotton’s Performance Upgraded Rear Brakes
• DC Tech Chromed Turbo Shield
• Eibach Pro Kit Rate Springs
• Full Throttle Speed 160° Thermostat, Dual Air Bag Kit, High Flow Water Pump, Power Logger, & Scanmaster Scan Tool
• Gbodyparts Aluminum Bumper Supports, & 15” x 10” Grand National Wheels
• HRpartsNstuff Poly Motor Mounts
• K&N Air Filter
• Kenne Bell Rear Seat Brace
• Kirban’s Body Bolts, Engine Bay Mounted Front Brace Kit, Mechanical EFI Fuel Pressure Gauge Kit, Power Window Harness, Power Antenna Saver Wiring Kit, Brass Brake Proportioning Valve, & 22 Piece Reproduction Body Mount Bushings/Cushions Kit, GNX Body Bushings, Radiator Core Support Reproduction Bushings/Cushions Kit & Body Mount Bolts
• Lo-Jack
• Memphis Car Audio 3½” & 4”X10” Speakers
• METCO Motorsports Adjustable Upper Control Arms, Lower Control Arms, Valve Cover Breathers, Billet Thermostat Housing, & Thermostat Clamp
• Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires P275/50R15
• Pat’s Performance 10” Lock Up 2800 Stall Converter
• Performance Instruments 6 Gauge White Faced Stewart Warner GNX Style Instrument Cluster
• PST Polygraphite Performance Super Kit
• PTE TA52 Turbo & Turbo Saver with Wix 51049
• R-134A Air Conditioner Conversion
• Red Armstrong (Quad Air Inc.) XP Plus Fuel Pump & Ignition Wires
• Replica Plastics Bumper Fillers (Rear)
• RJC Billet Aluminum Pulleys, PCV, & Power Plate
• RK Hi Performance Billet Relay Covers
• SMC Alcohol Injection
• SPAL Dual 11” (2,780 cfm) Pull Fans w/Shroud
• SSBC Quick Change Aluminum Caliper Upgrade Kit & OE Replacement Rotors
• Steadfast Column Guard
• Steve Monroe’s 62mm Machined Throttle Body & Matching Plenum
• Stewart Warner Hood Mounted Fuel Pressure Gauge with Stewart Warner 100 PSI electric sender
• TA Performance Bearing Cap Studs & Rear End Girdle
• TR Custom Parts Aluminum High Flow 3 Row Radiator w/Oil & Transmission Cooler
• Turbo Tweak Chip & High Impedance 60lb/hr Injectors
• Turbobuicks.co m 200 Amp Alternator
• UMI Upper & Lower Front A-Arm Kit
• Viper 791 XV 2-Way Security & Remote Start

« Last Edit: October 31 2014, 01:47:29 AM by gordyzx9r »

Offline Shimy87

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: And here I am (again)...
« Reply #1 on: October 28 2014, 10:57:12 PM »
Nice car!!
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28 2014, 11:12:33 PM »
Nice car!!

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's cursed. 

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28 2014, 11:42:21 PM »
Good to hear you got your life together. Steve and I are testing the limits of stock bolt on junk on my POS GN to see how fast we can get it to go before the internals exit the block. :)
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28 2014, 11:58:20 PM »
Good to hear you got your life together. Steve and I are testing the limits of stock bolt on junk on my POS GN to see how fast we can get it to go before the internals exit the block. :)

Nice.  That's probably more fun than paying someone thousands of dollars on a two different builds and let them have the internals go kaplooey...and not make it right.  Yeah, I'm still bitter.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 29 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
you should be...you were ripped!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29 2014, 12:35:39 PM »
you should be...you were ripped!

Thanks Steve, I feel so much better about it now...lol.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 29 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
LOL...takes me a long time to get over such
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline tb3

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
welcom back gordy!   :cheers: :atbeer: :atbeer:

sounds like you been taking care of life. 
sorry to hear your cat passed  :(
make sure you tell your ex how much better the new woman is....every chance you get  :icon_lol: .   they love that :rock:
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31 2014, 01:51:01 AM »
Forgot about a few things, the suspension on the GN was augmented even more.

I replaced those POS gbodyparts upper and lower A-arms with UMI uppers and lowers.  I also changed out all the body bushings with rubber (and the so called GNX bushings).  I also added some stuff from Casper's for wiring upgrades on the engine ground and fuel system.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31 2014, 01:54:01 AM »
welcom back gordy!   :cheers: :atbeer: :atbeer:

sounds like you been taking care of life. 
sorry to hear your cat passed  :(
make sure you tell your ex how much better the new woman is....every chance you get  :icon_lol: .   they love that :rock:

Yeah...I had that cat forever it seemed like.  She was with me almost my entire Army career and past retirement.

I try to avoid discussing things like that with the ex...trying to keep it civil and drama free.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04 2014, 08:39:06 PM »
Welcome back Gordy.  It was good to meet you down in Covington when you came by that day.  I moved back to Atlanta in May after 3 years in Louisiana.  I am going through a divorce right now after 14 years of marriage, but it is a very good thing for me!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04 2014, 08:52:30 PM »
Hey man, good to see you "back".. I was seriously considering buying that T... :D
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05 2014, 09:38:32 AM »
Welcome back Gordy.  It was good to meet you down in Covington when you came by that day.  I moved back to Atlanta in May after 3 years in Louisiana.  I am going through a divorce right now after 14 years of marriage, but it is a very good thing for me!

Yeah, it was for me as well.  Wish I had more opportunities to meet up with you but my schedule was insane, still is.  One of the reasons why the white car was sold.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05 2014, 09:42:43 AM »
Hey man, good to see you "back".. I was seriously considering buying that T... :D

I really didn't think it would get as much attention as it did.  I've never sold one of these before, and some of the questions people ask make you wonder what they think they're buying...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal