Author Topic: All about the Gray Ghost  (Read 98236 times)

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: All about the Gray Ghost
« Reply #135 on: June 30 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
I'll have to check out the Russels. Had some braided stainless lines on the white T and as Charlie will attest too, they weren't so Bueno...

I'm saving my dimes for another set of those TA performance race headers. I really like their crossover design with the band clamps and gaskets
Those hoses you had on the T were 100% crap. The Russell's that I have look just like the stock but with the stainless lines and fittings. Part # 692100 and I got them off amazon at a really good price.

As far as the carpet goes, have you tried JC Whitney? They used to sell the plush carpet so they still may. Not my favorite place to order but if they've got them it will be priced decently.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01 2015, 10:02:41 AM »
Those hoses you had on the T were 100% crap. The Russell's that I have look just like the stock but with the stainless lines and fittings. Part # 692100 and I got them off amazon at a really good price.

As far as the carpet goes, have you tried JC Whitney? They used to sell the plush carpet so they still may. Not my favorite place to order but if they've got them it will be priced decently.
Just checked jcwhitney, they have the same stuff that everyone else has and about $20 cheaper.  Beginning to feel that the days of plush carpet are coming to an end...
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01 2015, 10:47:10 AM »
Just think of the weight savings without the carpeting and sound deadener. :)
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01 2015, 12:38:22 PM »
if you ever find a place that sells plush carpet post it up.  I miss having the plush carpet in mine
87 Regal Limited

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01 2015, 12:53:56 PM »
if you ever find a place that sells plush carpet post it up.  I miss having the plush carpet in mine
I most definately will
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01 2015, 02:04:35 PM »

Steve you sissy!!!!!!!! :)
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02 2015, 12:10:40 PM »

if you can't be fast might as well be umm fluffy and soft?  :D
87 Regal Limited

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 02 2015, 12:20:52 PM »

if you can't be fast might as well be umm fluffy and soft?  :D
Gentleman...
Some folks prefer grass on the infield and some like playing ball in the dirt.  It's all about preference
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 02 2015, 05:48:26 PM »
Looking for a vendor that sells a reproduction limited plush carpet.  Is there one out there?  Been looking for a good bit today and even made some calls but it doesn't appear to exist.

GBODYPARTS sells the interior carpets in most colours...but prolly not the exact stuff you're looking for.
I used gbody when I did the white T's interior and I didn't know any better. Highway stars sells the same carpet from the same vendor for about $70 less. Gbody sells the same stuff for exactly what you would pay the vendor for it. Haven't figured out how highway stars can sell it for less but they do.  Spoke with them both today. Was hoping one of you gurus knew something else

I would call Glen/Leslie @ highway and ask specifically, those folks are pretty up front on what matches exactly.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 02 2015, 11:07:55 PM »
Looking for a vendor that sells a reproduction limited plush carpet.  Is there one out there?  Been looking for a good bit today and even made some calls but it doesn't appear to exist.

GBODYPARTS sells the interior carpets in most colours...but prolly not the exact stuff you're looking for.
I used gbody when I did the white T's interior and I didn't know any better. Highway stars sells the same carpet from the same vendor for about $70 less. Gbody sells the same stuff for exactly what you would pay the vendor for it. Haven't figured out how highway stars can sell it for less but they do.  Spoke with them both today. Was hoping one of you gurus knew something else

I would call Glen/Leslie @ highway and ask specifically, those folks are pretty up front on what matches exactly.
I spoke with Leslie at length about carpet and seat Upholstry.  They really do have the better prices if they have they stuff you're looking for.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 02 2015, 11:10:32 PM »
Got the diaphragm from accufab today.  Rebuilt complete. Got a three day weekend so I'll get it on sometime this weekend as well as install the DW300.  Hoping I don't have to mess with any Saginaw fittings....
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 05 2015, 11:09:46 PM »
Got the DW installed as well as accufab regulator.  No issues with the stock fuel lines.  It took a good while to get the pressure set properly.  I will attribute that to the new diaphragm.  Had more of an issue with the racetronix sender.  When I was splicing in the wires for the new pump, both the ground and the positive feed conveniently removed themselves from the plug.  Had to disassemble the plug and solder the wires back to the terminals.  It looked to me that when they assembled the plug, some of the wire strands were removed before they crimped the terminal so the wire would fit in the crimp.  Anyway, I was a bit pissed off.  I've run this sender in two cars.  I may have had alternator voltage at the tank but not at the pump.  I can guarantee you it's getting alternator voltage now though
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #147 on: July 05 2015, 11:14:38 PM »
You were ahead of me...one of the wires fell out of the connector after the tank was bolted back in....pulled it out, looked at the connector and only one leg of the connector had been crimped....wir e walked out the other side because the other tang was not crimped over the wire.

Of course, Racetronix only produces mil-spec products and their qc would not let such a thing out the door....

Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 06 2015, 11:12:39 AM »
This is the first thing I bought from racetronix a few years back.  I think it's a bit on the sorry side of craftmanship to use a nice size wire only to remove over half of the wire strands so you can get it in the crimp of the terminal.  I'm not the best at soldering but my big glub of solder fit in the connector just fine.  What's the point of having the big guage wire if it's not completely connected to the terminal.  I got it, even I've used this trick but not on something that's important... like fuel pressure on a forced induction engine
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 06 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
That is Accufabulous!
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal