Author Topic: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12  (Read 64482 times)

Offline I Love Factory ECMs

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: -16
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12
« Reply #60 on: September 17 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
People are reading what they want to hear,an then the Jealousy sets-in,An the Words start Flying out... The Court was convinced on it's Own of  Consumer Fraud.
 As for me not listening to Pro's, i guess we all have different set Pro's, The Pro's i "Speak" to, an "Named" deal with High Horsepower Custom application's an own there own Cars....
 I'm taking an finding it these "other"  Internet Pro's prefer Factory pieces an there car's haven't even hit the 9's yet,can these Internet Pro's tune an XFI 2.0,Bigstuf3,DFI, If not there useless to me now, but What ever floats your boats...8^)
 Feel free to list "these" Internet Pro's so maybe someone can communicate with Them,then other then just saying      " Listen to the nameless wanna be Pro's on Internet".
 I recall a "paul" an one other...that's whole 2 people,are they in the 9's no issues? (of course Street tired,no trans brake)
 i did the low 12's stock, tried the low 11's with stockish pieces an a Pro,No Dice, then jumped down to low ten's high 9's capibilty now, If people aren't going that fast,an aren't on XF1 2.0 they haven't the experience for my Current build to inform me about anything...The past build,SURE, have at it..ole news to me
 Hell, even in Steve Woods write up,There's a time an place for Aftermarket Unit,denying that now too?
Maybe a re-read?  LOL Enjoy!

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
It is his logic. Unfortunately for him, just showing up doesn't guarantee a 1st place trophy like in grade school.

If he buys a new telescope tracking device and it comes with a letter that says there's sand in the mechanism and it shouldn't be actuated until the debris is cleaned out...   It is really Amazon's fault when he ruins it without cleaning out the sand?

He thinks that a stock ECM has someway of knowing how much horsepower an engine makes and then leans it out when too much power is made.  That's flat out not true. (and it disgusts me that he convinced a court of law that a business should lose $30K over it)

WOT fueling is the easiest thing the ECM does. It opens the injectors for "X" amount of milliseconds ever other crank revolution. That's it. That's all the magic.

Lets say you've maxxxed out 30# injectors and you're flowing enough fuel to make 400HP at WOT. (nice even numbers)

If you do nothing else but put 60# injectors in thier place you will now flow exactly twice the fuel and have enough to support 800HP. 

*caveat* yes, idle and cruse will be pig rich, yes the fuel pump might not keep up, yes, engines aren't 100% efficient, etc.....

Keep reading and asking questions Phil. That's the best way to learn. Not to mention when you do a mod or upgrade on your car it makes it more yours. And that's hotrodding.
That was KDK's train of Thought,If he'd add more it'll go away,Instead of the Proper Tune for what i Had..he was saying, "Oh your exhaust is costing you 40 hp, Rear end holding up some more, etc,etc", all to try an get the most out of the motor instead of tune it for Reliably. Never fixed the issue..... Each time he'd add something,he most kept the same BS tune..I went from 50's,to 60's to 72's, Same Issue each time..... 

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17 2012, 06:44:18 PM »
No one is saying that when you get down to the 9's and low 10's that an aftermarket ECM has features that may be advantageous.

What you are missing is that you are wrong that the cause for all of your engine failures was the factory ECM. It's pretty simple. And you spouting that factory ECMs are shit, and hijacking other people's threads over at TB.com is what got you banned.

All of the aftermarket ECM guys will love you, they are going to make bank off of you.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #63 on: September 17 2012, 06:47:36 PM »
can't we move this junk to someplace where it is hard to find?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
Wait - is this Norbs?
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17 2012, 06:54:38 PM »
Wait - is this Norbs?

muwahahahaha
You have the access to the info check it out. :P

AJ___

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
More prefured Reading, I've said Stock Units have there place, as do Aftermarket, all depends where you like your car to be at the end the day,  'peroid'
not that there junk,not they don't work at all,I've seen some work,I took one 160mph stock with pitbull ATR chip, but i see none on cars in the range Speed Range i'm shooting for...
As for highjaking a thread, you should read the Thread owner's title of the threads i've post in, they say......"IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA'S PLEASE POST' , So, i did, simple Aftermarket ECM has more benifits in the long run ,
hell, this getting kidergradenish too

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
Cat calling the Kettle Black......... ........

Offline Pyro6

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17 2012, 07:00:08 PM »
Wait - is this Norbs?
Damn Mark that's funny. And I think you're right!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17 2012, 07:00:36 PM »

The Pro's i "Speak" to, an "Named" deal with High Horsepower Custom application's an own there own Cars....

You just described me. I even take it to the next step and do my own machine work on my custom builds.

Hell, even in Steve Woods write up,There's a time an place for Aftermarket Unit,denying that now too?
Maybe a re-read?  LOL Enjoy!       

He did say that. And it's not time and you're not there.

No need for a re-read. I have the aptitude to follow Steve's writing. It's actually pretty easy to follow. His thoughts are based on personal experience, collective experience and basic science. Magic beans and miracle numbers need not apply.

On the other hand when I read something like this:
"Me under WOT, the factory boost gauge line slid off. The XFI saved the motor but it did cause radiator fluid damage."

and this one

"My guess it's out the exhaust or i have sleeve cylinder malfunction."

It makes me feel dumberer for being exposed to it.

Did KDK (or whatever their name is) give you enough money to get a trailer with a nice winch too? From what I've read, you need to buy a good winch from a company (with a shitload of product liability insurance) and travel car show to car show.

Then you can spend lots of time talking about your car that's now "jumped down to low ten's high 9's capibilty"(sic). Bench racing is just as good.

Signed,
no name internet pro

speaking of that is your name really "Bozo"?
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
More prefured Reading, I've said Stock Units have there place, as do Aftermarket, all depends where you like your car to be at the end the day,  'peroid'
not that there junk,not they don't work at all,I've seen some work,I took one 160mph stock with pitbull ATR chip, but i see none on cars in the range Speed Range i'm shooting for...

simple Aftermarket ECM has more benifits in the long run ,

Yep. That's exactly what you said....

GN experts that have hit "the wall",80's ECM aren't made for 600+ hp modern builds,you can try to get it to work,but best to get the right parts in first place, An aftermarket ECM

If your using the stock ECM, Loose it for an Aftermarket Unit,(yea there costly but so's motor rebuilds)  your right over 100mph whoa's will Vanish, It's not the tranny,I hit this wall couple years ago,
Enjoy!

No, wait......
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline tb3

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17 2012, 11:40:14 PM »
buddy of mine just grenaded a very expensive build running a xfi, and on cals tune. 
I'm not saying its cals fault.
I tried to talk him into getting on this forum and start asking away before going wot

When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18 2012, 02:03:45 AM »
Looking from far i can't tell who is the ______ and who isn't. :rofl: :rock: :068:

Lots of great guys here that really know their shit. But communication is sometimes difficult then they jump to ASSumptions and you end up with ???s.
What was this thread about?????
Back to my vacation see ya by. 

Most talk about having thick skin but thats just BS.
This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
« Reply #73 on: September 18 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
Wait - is this Norbs?

best post in this thread

Offline 84 BuickGNYorkPA

• PA Certified Machinist
  • Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18 2012, 10:25:56 PM »
I just wasted a good 30 minutes reading this thread.... I should have stopped reading after the 2nd page.  :(

Chuck
RJC Girdle, King Bearings, .04 Diamond, 210/215 roller, 1:65 roller rockers, Champion CNC Heads, Billet 6262, Electric Dump, Dusty PTC NL Conv, Kirban Alum DS, Rear T/A Girdle, UMI Uppers/Lowers, Stk Rear, Bailey TR-6 Ignition Module, Turbo Tweak Speed Density Chip, on and on.
11.17@127.78

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal