Author Topic: UAW endorses Obama  (Read 6925 times)

Offline Zap

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
UAW endorses Obama
« on: August 18 2008, 11:41:17 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080819/ap_on_el_pr/uaw_obama

It's 'Bush's policies' that cost us manufacturing jobs. Gee, I always thought it was the non-competitive labor costs. I guess you learn something every day. :cool;
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Buickless and Loving It!!!
    • View Profile
UAW endorses Obama
« Reply #1 on: August 19 2008, 03:06:28 AM »
Zap, sadly to say nothing about this even surprises me. We will have two of the most uninspiring candidates to choose from in this up coming election.  Both will pander and say anything that they think will help them. There just seems to be no facts or principals involved with these two and I wish the people of this country would wake up to the fact that both are just nothing more than lies and hot air.  

God help us all!!!

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
UAW endorses Obama
« Reply #2 on: August 19 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
The unions have gone with the dimocrats the last two elections.  See where that got them?
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Zap

• View Profile
Re: UAW endorses Obama
« Reply #3 on: August 19 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
Just about the time I resign myself to voting for McCain he goes on some blubbering global warming  tirade and I remember why I don't have much use for him either.

Now, Obama is in sort of a catch-22 with his wonderful Pastor, Rev Wright. Obama claims he never heard or didn't know Wright was such a radical (and he is a radical...do some research). Hmmm 20 some years going to a church, you publicly name the man as your mentor, the godfather of your children, and all of the sudden (during election time) you come to an epiphany and decide he's too radical?

Well, either Obama is one EXTREMELY dumb dude OR he believes in Wrights radical ideas but is refuting them for political gain.

Either one makes him unfit for dog catcher, let alone President of the United States.

Offline Racer X

• View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
« Reply #4 on: August 19 2008, 10:17:31 PM »
The unions have gone with the dimocrats the last two elections.  See where that got them?
Actually the Unions have been voting Democrat for 23 years I have been in the Union.

Barry Obama is just like ALL of the other candidates we have had in the last, oh I don't know forever, with three or four notable exceptions.  He flip flops on topics to appease the current audience as if what he is saying will not leave the room.  Frankly, he scares the crap outta me!

McCain .... ugh.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20 2008, 07:14:28 AM »
Actually, I noticed this and I dont know if it is because we are down here, but I have NOT seen anyone with signs in there yards like with "Who" to vote for.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline kma697

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20 2008, 08:10:42 PM »
Gee do I vote for the 5lb bag of shit or the 10lb bag of shit??? :question;
DSR #420
89 TTA #602
89 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert.
03 Cobra

Offline Zap

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20 2008, 08:39:39 PM »
If Obama picks this SOB I WILL vote for McCain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080820/ap_on_el_pr/veepstakes

If you are worried about gun owner rights, BIDEN is NOT your friend.

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20 2008, 09:52:01 PM »
Quote from: "Zap @ August 20th 2008"

Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Zap

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20 2008, 09:56:57 PM »
Biden was trying to get some gun control shit passed years ago and I wrote him letter. To his credit, he did write me back, not a form letter either. Still not enough to prevent me from hating his damn guts though.  :cool;

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
UAW endorses Obama
« Reply #10 on: August 21 2008, 12:25:51 PM »
Both are going to screw us over anyway. On a matter of the lesser of two evils, I'm voting for McCain. I thought I couldn't vote as a convicted felon? They keep sending me ballots, etc. Oh well.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Wrecked Em

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotairbuick.com
« Reply #11 on: August 21 2008, 11:03:44 PM »
Quote from: "Zap @ Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:39 pm"
If Obama picks this SOB I WILL vote for McCain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080820/ap_on_el_pr/veepstakes

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21 2008, 11:04:48 PM »
Obama thinks we have 57 states...
and wants to give our country and our rights away to the UN.

Both McCain and Obama are for free handouts to illegal
immigrants.

Pay close attention to their running mates.  In either case,
there is a likely chance that they could become the president
for various reasons

McCain is the lesser of two evils.

I voted for Ron Paul in the primary...
Rob

Offline Wrecked Em

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotairbuick.com
« Reply #13 on: August 21 2008, 11:06:38 PM »
As a point of reference, McCain and the republican party are already trying to remove Barr from the ballot. Do you suppose he poses a threat?

Atlanta, GA - Bob Barr's presidential campaign has recently learned of an action by the McCain campaign and the Pennsylvania Republican Party to have Barr removed from the state's ballot, this despite McCain's promise in the 2000 election that he would, "never consider, ever consider, allowing a supporter of [his] to challenge [his opponent]'s right to be on the ballot in all 50 states.''

In 2000, McCain told reporters, ''Let's not have the kind of Stalinist politics that the state of New York, the Republican Party, has been practicing."

"This move by the McCain campaign completely contradicts everything John McCain stood for in 2000 when his competitors were trying to keep him off the ballot," says Barr. "McCain has become a part of the same corrupted machine he spoke vehemently against only eight years ago."

"This is America, where people have a right to run for office and a right to compete for the chance to lead the people of this nation," Barr continues. "I look forward to the chance to compete fairly against Senator McCain for votes in Pennsylvania and every other state."

In a recent email to supporters, Barr's campaign manager, Russell Verney, stated that McCain's attempt to block Barr from the ballot is one "you might expect of a dictator in North Korea, Libya, China, or Iran." Verney, who also was the campaign manager for Ross Perot, called the plot "a blatantly hypocritical move."

"This move is certainly one of the more brazen attempts to lock me out of the political process," explains Barr. "But it is simply just one more example of how the political establishment desperately clings to their own power instead of empowering the people. The political establishment serves only themselves and not the people of this nation. It is time candidates for the most powerful position in the world compete based on ideas and not dirty politics."

"I challenge Senator McCain to forcefully and publicly instruct his agents to drop the lawsuit," says Barr.

Bob Barr represented the 7th District of Georgia in the U. S. House of Representative s from 1995 to 2003, where he served as a senior member of the Judiciary Committee, as Vice-Chairman of the Government Reform Committee, and as a member of the Committee on Financial Services. Prior to his congressional career, Barr was appointed by President Reagan to serve as the United States Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, and also served as an official with the CIA. Since leaving Congress, Barr has been practicing law and has teamed up with groups ranging from the American Civil Liberties Union to the American Conservative Union to actively advocate every American citizens

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21 2008, 11:39:25 PM »
On must be wary of anyone who is involved wth the American Civil Liberties Union.
They almost support the  "Bill of Rights" with the exception of the second amendment. They are also the same group that opposes use of the word "God"
Because it may offend people who choose not to believe in a God, regardless to
the fact that they are offending the people who do believe in a God. In effect,
their interpretation of freedom of religion is "freedom from religion".
Freedom of religion mandates that everyone must be tolerant of religions, and
those that are non religious. And that no one should be persecuted for their
personal beliefs. It in no way bans religion, as they are trying to interpret it.

As for religions that advocate violence and physical harm to others, that falls under many other laws. (Ie: murder statutes, conspiracy, racketeering, hate crimes, etc...)
Hence, jihad is illegal.

I've never been very fond of the ACLU.
Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal