Author Topic: Turbo Tweak GN ECU  (Read 36932 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo Tweak GN ECU
« Reply #60 on: July 16 2018, 03:28:58 PM »
What was the demise/deal with that thing?  Also too complicated for the masses?

To expensive.  It only worked with existing, working alky systems.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16 2018, 05:23:57 PM »
It was pretty complicated to wire.  And it had a lot of operating modes/options.  The biggest one was it was hard to wire in.  I had caspers make me a little ECU extender that worked pretty well. 

I do think they made another run this year
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16 2018, 11:43:17 PM »
Got some time today to clean up the install and take a little drive. Also spent some time on the phone with Eric about using the EGR wire for the fuel pressure signal. Had to design a gauge, calibrate the signal and wah-lah, logging fuel pressure.

He and Bob truly designed this thing with a lot of thought. Although the ECU has a 4 bar MAP used for its calculations, your existing MAP you wired up to work your alky controller still works. No mods.

Oh yeah, scanmaster 2.2 still works and you can go old school and connect to the ALDL wire. Have to do a little mod and you can use a scanmaster G connected to the ALDL.

Used the auto tune feature while cruising at 55. Auto updates the VE table. 

Not one tip in stumble....

Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #63 on: July 17 2018, 08:26:22 AM »
I always found it strange that FAST advertises auto tune in their ads, as do other companies, yet it does not seem to be available on the ones sold to Buick owners.

If Eric/Bob can sell you chips that you can plug in and run extremely well with, without changing a single parameter, then you should be able to load the exact same information into an ecu and have it run well from the get go.

If Holley can sell you a system that you dial in your specifics before you crank the car and then drive off while it self-learns, then surely, FAST could do the same thing...EXCEPT, tuners would have a greatly reduced business.  And, once the mystique has been removed from the process, tuners will have no one to blame, except themselves, when they cause an engine to blow by tweaking it too far on the dyno and it will not be able to hold up under real world conditions.  Very few of these guys ever admit to being at fault.

Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17 2018, 08:41:36 AM »
If the Buick crowd figured out the auto tune it would seriously cut into the business model of those "tuners". They aren't doing that.
Sounds like this one will be the go to in no time. Everyone will have the base tune and be all over the "cool guy" I have an aftermarket computer .

Jason is way ahead now. Mid tens on the horizon and some high nines in the back of his mind.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17 2018, 04:55:59 PM »
If the Buick crowd figured out the auto tune it would seriously cut into the business model of those "tuners". They aren't doing that.
Sounds like this one will be the go to in no time. Everyone will have the base tune and be all over the "cool guy" I have an aftermarket computer .

Jason is way ahead now. Mid tens on the horizon and some high nines in the back of his mind.

As someone who sells the Turbotweak ECM (and Ihadav8 members can contact me for special..."promotions" for the cost on this ECU)

I am really excited to see how spot-on Eric's tunes are, and how easy it seems for people to learn.

For those who have recently purchased this ECU, how did you go about learning the Tunerstudio program? I have a local customer who is thinking of getting one of these, but I have never used Tunerstudio (other than play around with the program on my laptop, not hooked up to any ECU or vehicle) and I am looking for somewhere/someone who can teach me, or just show me WHERE to go in order to learn the Ins and Outs of the program.

I have the drive, the desire, and the motivation to learn Tunerstudio. My problem is that I have looked far and wide and have not found anything that can teach me how to use this program, and therefore I am stuck in this purgatory of inability to learn Tunerstudio!

Any help..ANY help..would be INCREDIBLY appreciated!!

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17 2018, 05:14:23 PM »
I would have to say, at this point Jason is the guy to talk to.
Rich

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
Tunerstudio is pretty nice. Download the software, and they have some sample projects you can look at. If you’ve used any other tuning software you’ll be able to find your way around.

Jason, is it doing boost control with the stock solenoid? Planning on using it to control your alky?
IhaveaV8

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17 2018, 05:25:53 PM »
Tyler, check out Andy whittle's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UMj0PxBbbj_N8S-aD6M-A

Tunerstudio is pretty nice. Download the software, and they have some sample projects you can look at. If you’ve used any other tuning software you’ll be able to find your way around.

Jason, is it doing boost control with the stock solenoid? Planning on using it to control your alky?
I haven't messed with boost control yet. Still doing it with the RJC manual boost controller. I have plans to use the ECU for the alky control but haven't got that far yet
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18 2018, 07:22:13 AM »
Bison has already dragged over 700 RWHP with this ECU.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18 2018, 02:03:19 PM »
I always found it strange that FAST advertises auto tune in their ads, as do other companies, yet it does not seem to be available on the ones sold to Buick owners.

If Eric/Bob can sell you chips that you can plug in and run extremely well with, without changing a single parameter, then you should be able to load the exact same information into an ecu and have it run well from the get go.

If Holley can sell you a system that you dial in your specifics before you crank the car and then drive off while it self-learns, then surely, FAST could do the same thing...EXCEPT, tuners would have a greatly reduced business.  And, once the mystique has been removed from the process, tuners will have no one to blame, except themselves, when they cause an engine to blow by tweaking it too far on the dyno and it will not be able to hold up under real world conditions.  Very few of these guys ever admit to being at fault.
I've been preaching open-source tuning for years - it is good to educate the masses.  And yes, pro tunas are never responsible; leaving 5-15% on the table is fine at today's power-levels.  Some of the shitty LS tuners out there should be drawn and quartered for the deception, misrepresentat ion, and theft they do.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18 2018, 03:07:40 PM »
I’ve seen some pretty neat stuff. A fairly well known shop was known for just raping the pe tables and sending them on their way. Others lock their pcm and force you to pay if you want the lock off.
IhaveaV8

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18 2018, 06:10:34 PM »
Lock up the pcm and get something busted in their end. Sounds like blackmail to me. I can't imagine that shop would last very long. But people are pretty stupid and I guess have lots of money to throw around.
Rich

Offline aminga

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19 2018, 08:27:57 AM »
I’ve seen some pretty neat stuff. A fairly well known shop was known for just raping the pe tables and sending them on their way. Others lock their pcm and force you to pay if you want the lock off.
OEM's do it too.
Research right to repair laws.
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline aminga

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal