Author Topic: Pl log w a spike in boost!!  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Jeff

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
  • The Thread Killer....
    • View Profile
Pl log w a spike in boost!!
« on: October 23 2013, 08:41:37 PM »
first crack at power logger. seems i have it all set up right except for fuel psi. im using caspers tranducer and it seems to be reading higher than what it should.  any way to fix this? another question is how can i see converter slip?

now problem at hand seems the boost is spiking. before pl my sm picked up no kr. have not touched anything under hood b4 install and now pl picks it up.. also my boost guage doest read past 13-15#-its a 30 psi guage  but pl is saying it higher much higher.. any help would be good...

also car is believed to have a 2bar map from factory
« Last Edit: October 23 2013, 08:53:01 PM by Jeff »

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Pl log w a spike in boost!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23 2013, 10:16:58 PM »
the casper transducer may not be the best choice, but did you try it on both settings to see if one was close to being right.

SM works at about 1.4 second frame rate whereas PL is closer to 25 fps and it feeds SM around 5 fps instead of 1.4 fps so you may see a lot of things that did not show up before.

Be sure that you selected the correct map sensor in the PL settings to match the map sensor in your car-either a 2 bar, or a three bar sensor....rega ls came stock with a 2 bar sensor.

three bar sensor will read close to 1.6 volts on PL with the key on but engine off
if you are close to sea level whereas the two bar sensor will read more like 2.4 volts
« Last Edit: October 24 2013, 09:58:05 AM by Steve Wood »
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal