Author Topic: tuning question  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
tuning question
« on: April 25 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
In my sig you can see what my car has. Been tweeking again and, running tuner style on the boost control, so far I can set boost to about 15 LB with no knock, but after the shift to 2nd it drops to only 12 LB and stays there through 2nd and 3rd.??? Why

Also an annoying issue, I have a knock alarm installed. Sometimes, not always, when I punch it from a stop the dam alarm goes off,( I know, thats what its supposed to do) so I lift, SM shows 3 at most of knock. How fast does a SM 2.1 update? I dont think its real knock but I dont want to risk it and stay in it.
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: tuning question
« Reply #1 on: April 25 2012, 11:03:16 AM »
get a manual boost controller-in the mean time, shorten the rod a turn and see if that helps

updates once every ~1.4 seconds.  Knock alarms report any noise as they operate on the raw data stream.  Therefore it reports the thud of the shift, the dp hitting something, the rattle of the ac compressor, the tranny lines bouncing off something, and so on.

Real detonation normally starts with a small amount of timing retard and grows larger each same.  External noises often start with a larger degree of retard and go away fast.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal