Author Topic: Traction action, Jackson?  (Read 2924 times)

Offline granitestategn

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Traction action, Jackson?
« on: July 24 2005, 04:49:44 PM »
WTF, I went to the track on Friday night (no RecklessRob in sight) and I could not hook up to save my life! My car is not making THAT much power. I'm only running 99-100 MPH trap speed. Super hot and humid, until the thundershowers passed by. Even after that my ET's were still mid 13's. At the end of last year with good air I was running 12.98 - 13.2's at 103-104 MPH. All my 60' times on Friday night were in the 2.1 - 2.3 range. On my best runs last year they were 1.9's. Stock turbo at 17-18# boost. Stock cam and other internals. Stock tranny and D-5 conveter. TCC unlocked. Last year I locked it at the line so it locked when it hit 2nd. I've got Nitto 275-50-15's drag radials, boxed stock lowers with poly bushings, two air bags (PS @ 10, DS @2), pinion snubba (I know, I know), Poly motor mount on the DS (shouldn't matter). Stock ride height. I was only leaving with a couple pounds of boost. I could leave the line OK and wouldn't spin until I was 20-40 feet out. Then the car would break loose and wheel hop and I'd have to pedal it to get it to stop. I was hoping my boxed lowers and bushings would get rid of that.... they didn't. Tried both lanes and both spun. Tires aired to 22#'s each. Tried smoking them up pretty good, tried just scrubbing them off...no difference. I drove around the water box every time. When I got to the line the last time they shut the track down because a shower was coming with lightning and they wanted to disconnect their electronics. This was at New England Dragway in Epping, NH. I got out of my car at the starting line to talk to the official when the track was shutdown and my feet stuck to the pavement like glue in front of the car. What's next... moving the instant center??? Any ideas or suggestions? The whole outing was pretty embarrassing. First, I had a Mustang drive by me. Then I spanked a couple SRT-4's...big deal. The I got beat by an SLP Camaro (nice car) and was about to get thrashed by him again when, mercifully, it started to rain. Needless to say, I'm a little PO'd. I've got a GT61P sitting in the garage waiting for me to get my 3500 stall TC but I'm afraid I'll be pounding my pud unless I can HOOK! :jerkit;  I don't see this getting better with more HP on tap. I was thinking of putting the GT61 in with the stock D-5 and see what happens at the track. Heck, it wouldn't get rolling 'til half track.
87 GN, 97K, original owner, stock turbo, stock IC, 60# inj, Turbotweak 93 chip, some other odds & ends

12.98 @ 104

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
Re: Traction action, Jackson?
« Reply #1 on: July 24 2005, 07:31:23 PM »
I drove for a few days with a gt61 and stock converter...to ok literatly 5 seconds to spool. When it grabbed I dont remember much if any spinning.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal