Tech Area > Knowledge Base Articles, Submissions, and Comments

Launching A Drag Car-Baselinesuspensions.com

<< < (2/3) > >>

Steve Wood:
I have a couple of copies of the Doorslammers book.  It is still the best out there.

Performance Trends makes some good software that makes it a snap to compute instant centers and easy to input a bunch of what ifs if you want to adjust it.  I bought it years ago.

Years ago, I bought some drops from Chuck Leeper.  I put them on the GN that has been lowered an inch with shorter springs.  The car would come straight up in the air like a superstock Mopar from the '60's.  Only problem was that right before it shifted into second, it unloaded the tires and started spinning them.  Awesome to watch leave tho.

I believe the problem with most short times is the driver.  Many are simply afraid to hit it hard enuf to get that good short time.  A good short time really hammers you in the stomach and the car begins to move a bit so the driver lets off, or backs off from how hard he is leaving to begin with.

It also takes power to get a good leave.  The power has to be there when your foot comes off the brake-not a second later.  That gets us back to the converter/turbo match.

Scoobum:
What Steve's referring to is G's when you leave the line. A 1.70 launch is 1 G. a 1.50 launch is 1.5 G's. It feels to me like I've had the wind knocked out of me...best feeling in the world...addict ive like a drug. Norbs was tuning 3 of the locals cars with XFI. All 3 files showed the TPS come down at launch. The G force from launching scared them.

Steve Wood:
yes, the tps always find the liar!  LOL

Forzfed:
Good Link!

good2win22:
What's funny about the G's on a good launch is how instant it is. I have pulled more than 3 G's flying acrobatics with no problems. Maybe I need to get a real harness instead of the stock belt when launching from the sofa.  I had better launches in the white t... There may be something to the bucket seats and launching...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version