Tech Area > General Buick Tech

Update on future build

(1/56) > >>

phil_long:
Hey guys, I decided to start a new thread on the build since the last thread I started is super old. The refresher on the build is as follows:

Stock 109 block. bored .20 over with a deck plate. New TA grooved cam bearings, new ARP main studs, #2 and #3 Pro-gram billet main caps, and block has been lined honed. New JE pistons, scat stock length forged rods, forged eagle crank(external balancing), new brass freeze plugs.

I just ordered the Aluminum heads already set up with the springs and scorpion rocker arms 1.65. This Friday, or possibly Monday, I will purchase the roller cam that the heads were set up for.

I will keep this thread updated with as many photos and info as possible. Stay tuned and I hope everyone is well!!!! :cheers:

Steve Wood:
Sounds like a beast to me! Glad it is progressing👍👍

phil_long:
It's progressing! Thanks so much Steve. I really want to keep it simple but Bison was recommending a different ECM. Any thoughts? I have to find a set of headers as well because the stockers I have are through. Can I reuse my intake or should I buy a new one? I'm all over the place. If you all could do it over again, what would you do? There are no wrong answers here. Lol

nocooler:
Bling Bling!
For a street car, I'd leave the stock ecm. A more strip orientated deal - I'd consider a standalone. Who is going to tune it? If not you find out if they have a preference. 

Steve Wood:
Phil, I agree with Jeremy.  For a street car that runs no faster than low tens, I would go with the TT 6.1 that is driven by a wideband sensor and put my money into something that could be seen.

If you are building a race car that will run into the nines (or faster), then I would go with the ecu-gn, or whatever it is called.  Unless you want to dedicate a lot of time and effort to learning how to tune, I don't see the benefit, myself.  I would hate to have to spend a lot of money to have someone else to tune if for me.  You understand, I don't sell parts and I would not pass for a vendor even if I wanted to.  Keep it simple and drive the car.  That is what I believe no matter what the sales pitch is.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version