Author Topic: So the GF says I have an obsession  (Read 12431 times)

Offline Jeff

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
  • The Thread Killer....
    • View Profile
So the GF says I have an obsession
« on: August 26 2013, 12:18:06 AM »
Me and the woman were talking tonight and she says I have an obsession. Yes its my car.  In the beginning I explained what the car meant to me and my goal to have a 10 sec gn. Y 10s idk. Anyways her being an accountant sees this is a waste of money. I also told her that I wont propose to her untill I have a 10 sec slip. And honestly the main reason y the car first is bc she doesnt get this car hobby and is unsportive of it. Shes broken my balls about how much I dump into.it and shes not my wife so my thinking is fuck.it,you wait then.

I will admit im obsessed. These cars are my dream car and I finally have one and a pretty one at that too. I guess it doesnt help im.at a better paying job w little overhead that I can dump lotta $ into the car now. I guess I.do base my happiness off the car bc in my mind I accomplished a dream/goal. I even said u broke my balls about how much I put into the car as a gf,I dont want tp.imagine as a wife.

Its funny girls that had nothing going for themselves were cool.w the idea but my gf has a lot bu herself @32 hoise car accountant. Coukd just be my experiences... .

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: So the GF says I have an obsession
« Reply #1 on: August 26 2013, 12:56:25 AM »
Get rid of her or the car. I speak from experience here. :icon_fU:  There will never be enough room for 2 ladies in the house as long as the one you sleep with won't accept the one you drive. :cheers:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26 2013, 01:33:14 AM »
I had to move the drill press off my kitchen countertop yesterday so I could fry fish in my frydaddy.

It was quiet in my house the whole time.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26 2013, 02:32:01 AM »
I'm sure the "fish" was a tasty treat Earl. :O  Got a pic of what you were "eating"? :rofl:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26 2013, 08:19:47 AM »
Hey Jeff, i respect you for that man.  You are one of the few who seems to have gotten it right before having to experience what a lot of these other gentlemen have.  I feel the exact same way about my Buick, and the wife knew what she was getting into. More power to ya!! Clearly if she can't accept the Buick, she can't accept you for who you are. What you do is, set up a meeting between you, her, and the Buick. Stand next to the buick, look at your lady and say, "you're either with us, or you are against us."  :rock: :powersix: :powersix: :powersix:

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26 2013, 09:23:01 AM »
Not sure if I would have tied a proposal to a time slip..
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Jeff

• Bone Stock
  • The Thread Killer....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
I guess it really.comes.d own.to.money. I know to get the parts for a 10'sec timeslip are expensive. The car will.do what it does. Im not saying ok I.need the actual number but I.need the parts to be there already. I.look.at my brother and he was restoring his car but he started a family etc and the car is prob years away from.being done. I dont want that. I see once you start a life w someone.differ ent priorities take.place. I guess the fact she was breaking my balls about $ and were not even.married makes.me want to do.the car faster bc  its saving for a.wedding kids etc... I just dont want to be a car guy w no.car

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26 2013, 10:27:43 AM »
Completely understandable .

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26 2013, 10:53:05 AM »
It looks to me like you made a decision of what is more important in your life - the car. Nothing wrong with that - but don't be surprised by any fallout. :)
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26 2013, 11:07:18 AM »
So you ditch the car this time. What's next, will you need her permission to get a boat, new house, case a beer, dog, or cat??? You sound like you pay your dues, reward yourself. Tell her you could be wrapped up in drugs or gambling or some horseshit like that.

Offline Jeff

• Bone Stock
  • The Thread Killer....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26 2013, 11:26:39 AM »
mark i am not surprised if there is. i also told her if u didnt break my balls i would have had the 10 sec car. she stood quiet. shes not saying it her or the car so much she says she has to compete w it. and ive told her im not chasing women doing drugs etc. yes its expensive but thats the name of the game. pyro i guess thats what im afraid of. she doesnt have a hobby,maybe saving money which is great but she doesnt really enjoy it either. i even asked her ok so i wait for the car we get married and i want to do a turbo for my car you would have no problem? her answer was as long as we are not struggling. but theres never enough $ saved even if it was a million.

i know at the end of this im doing the car first bc i know how it will be if i don't. ill regret and start to despise her bc i was to pussy whipped to do what i want. i guess her turning 33 doesnt help matters atleast in her mind. its tough bc i do love her and she is really good but when it comes to $ we see things totally different. and thats a big issue....

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26 2013, 12:09:05 PM »
Men marry women and hope they don't change....   and they do.

Women marry men hoping to change them....   and they don't.  (or they do, and the women resent them for that)

Much like when Ferris Beuller was playing wargames...   The only correct answer is not to play.

I could be biased as I don't have to lose half my shit to get a newer model.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
better to find out your ideas on money arent compatable now, then wait and give her half of yours. Unless your are wealthy, money issues will always be there, and a constant fight over who spends how much on whatever will make for a pretty misrable life
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27 2013, 08:34:36 PM »

I had to move the drill press off my kitchen countertop yesterday so I could fry fish in my frydaddy.

It was quiet in my house the whole time.
lol earl you are my hero
87 GN- :D
2011 Jeep Liberty.. its trail rated!

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27 2013, 08:35:46 PM »

So you ditch the car this time. What's next, will you need her permission to get a boat, new house, case a beer, dog, or cat??? You sound like you pay your dues, reward yourself. Tell her you could be wrapped up in drugs or gambling or some horseshit like that.

Truth spoken right there. What are her hobbies? What ever they are tell her to stop and see how she likes it.
87 GN- :D
2011 Jeep Liberty.. its trail rated!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal