Author Topic: Nasty Wendy's GN goes up in a ball of fire at GBodyParts  (Read 73886 times)

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Nasty Wendy's GN goes up in a ball of fire at GBodyParts
« Reply #135 on: August 04 2013, 06:31:54 PM »
I will bet he had no insurance.

Even if he does have insurance.
I wouldn't even turn it in.....he has the parts to repair it. Man up. Sometimes the price of business sucks but has to be paid.

ok I only made it to this post. I really don't need to read more  :icon_eyes: There is no way I would turn it in eithier !! On both ends!!!

where do I start....
#1.. DON'T WELD WITH AN INTERIOR IN THE CAR PERIOD !!!
#2... THE WINDSHIELD WOULD HAVE BEEN JUNK EVEN IF IT DIDN'T BURN UP.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 04 2013, 07:21:59 PM »
Dammit.. lost half my post  :013:   

ok...see if I can remember what I typed :icon_eyes:

......Waste of time trying to sue someone. Lawyers fee's will add up faster than your car on fire !! 

.....Ins co would have totaled the car with either of you guys puttin in a claim. The value would prob pissed you off to. Car needed  paint . Rust issues. Ins co are not blind and stupid as some think. :icon_redface:

..... Car is an easy fix.. Brian should give ya a shell and you do the labor and paint work.. Over an done with . I could do the car is a month very easy. Then have it painted.

good luck  :cheers: :atbeer: :atbeer: :atbeer: :atbeer:

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 24 2013, 11:13:09 PM »
Why do I keep missing all the good drama?
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 25 2013, 01:24:36 AM »
You need to go to TB and look at what Clay and the idiot just posted.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 25 2013, 09:15:10 AM »
looks like the shop is going by fire Marshall findings. I wouldn't put much stock into that, as no one was hurt and in their "fire Marshall's" mines who cares for a bunch old car stuff. I bet most car fires are started via electrical issues so why not go with the numbers? fire dept. point of view??
I bet that if some one was hurt in that fire (thank God no one was) the fire dept. would have done a much better job in their investigation of what actually started the fire.
the shop knows that the fire dept. will testify to their "findings" and they are the up most fire professionals. How do you counter that? Mechanics welding procedure dos and don'ts?? so what the FIRE people will say, yeah the proper procedure wasn't followed but that doesn't mean it was the cause of the fire. just playing devils advocate. I wouldn't gamble on a judges only decision i would try and get a jury trial. But thats gonna cost some dollars for both sides.       
Most talk about having thick skin but thats just BS.
This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 25 2013, 10:21:32 AM »
How do you counter that? Mechanics welding procedure dos and don'ts?? so what the FIRE people will say, yeah the proper procedure wasn't followed but that doesn't mean it was the cause of the fire.

Well a certified mechanic could be used to testify that the proper procedure for welding on a car involves disconnecting the battery before beginning to avoid any problems.  Was/is Brian a certified mechanic at the time he was working on Clay's car, if not then there is fault to be laid.

Next, it is common sense that if you are going to be doing any welding around combustible materials that you remove them before you start; especially if the area you are working on is catching fire each time you go to weld.

Lastly, if the surface being welded is catching fire it has not be prepared properly for welding and time should be taken to rectify the problem before continuing.

I find it very suspect to believe that this was a coincidental electrical fire, unless the battery wasn't disconnected and the welder overloaded some wiring in the car.  I am not an electrical engineer but, I am certain there is a cause and effect associated with running that many amps/volts through the stock electrical system while welding.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 25 2013, 10:51:29 AM »
Brian is an asshole, and one of the worst businessmen I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

I hope he goes down in a fucking ball of flames
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 25 2013, 12:40:16 PM »
You need to go to TB and look at what Clay and the idiot just posted.
Any chance you have a link? I rarely ever go there. Thanks!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 25 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
Sorry but I don't. :icon_redface:  It's in either the feedback section or the lounge though if you want to look for it. It was posted yesterday but I think Clay posted a link somewhere at the beginning of this thread.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 25 2013, 01:15:23 PM »
What I don't get is why he hasn't used his vast resources to solve the issue?  Sending Clay a clean chassis with the replacement parts should be well within his means and abilities.  That has to be cheaper than risking your reputation and business, right?

Hell, it might even make you look like a champ.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 25 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
He did offer Clay a replacement chassis.....

......one that needed the VIN plates removed and Clay's plates installed in their place....

Needless to say, that wasn't a viable option.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 25 2013, 01:36:17 PM »
How did he come into possession of a car without a title?  A little suspect, no?
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25 2013, 02:01:34 PM »
He's shady as shit, I wouldn't doubt if he sells parts from know stolen cars - Useless drunk.

If you haven't figured it out, I'm tired of holding my tongue about him.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
Sorry but I don't. :icon_redface:  It's in either the feedback section or the lounge though if you want to look for it. It was posted yesterday but I think Clay posted a link somewhere at the beginning of this thread.
Found it here about the 5th post. Wow, this is getting to the point of no return & I'm afraid the only winners will be the lawyers! What a Shit Fest!!  :013: 
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 25 2013, 03:09:36 PM »
What was bad is trying to keep the vultures out of the thread. I had a bunch of guys that got mad at me because I was deleting posts that had nothing to do with the thread. The last post tells it all though. I'm glad I didn't go work for Brian when he wanted me to. :cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal