Author Topic: **THANKS RICH (TEXAS T)**  (Read 10290 times)

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: **THANKS RICH (TEXAS T)**
« Reply #15 on: September 05 2015, 10:50:43 PM »
I am happy to help and that goes for anyone who needs advice. I'm no guru and now James has the same amount of experience I do. haha That said, mine is working well so far too.

Anyone with questions post em up and i'll give my best answers. Ill not post my number on an open forum but I do text back and forth with several "imaginary" friends on these the interwebz so don't be shy if you want to join in. we can exchange and commence with dialogue. I like "talking" cars and mechanical stuff. I tend to learn too.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
**THANKS RICH (TEXAS T)**
« Reply #16 on: September 06 2015, 12:00:46 AM »
Well done! Like Brad says time to thrash it.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06 2015, 03:25:19 PM »
Well I do plan on trashing her.......gonn a let the internals get a little more familiar with each other first  :)
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06 2015, 04:09:04 PM »
My new engines/transmissions get taken straight to the track and get beaten like a seal pup. :)
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
**THANKS RICH (TEXAS T)**
« Reply #19 on: September 06 2015, 06:30:47 PM »
Especially engines my buddy was shaking his head fired it up checked for leaks got it to temp backed it out of the shop and hit the 4 lane stretch and put 20lbs of boost to it.
This is a roller cam so no cam break in to worry about. I did dump the oil right after that and the next oil change was not more than a couple weeks later.
Again well done on the tranny it's really satisfying to complete a project like that and be happy with the results Rich is a wealth of information and I would buy from Dave again in a heart beat.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06 2015, 06:41:43 PM »
The engine thing I get. I did this with the 464 in my GS straight from the builder to dyno. But I talked to Dave Husek and he was pretty adamant about breaking in the trans properly. I figure Dave should know, he's forgotten more than i ever know. Plus he's guided me along the way through this whole thing and everything has been A1 so far........not gonna sway now.
Jim
1987 T Limited

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal