Author Topic: Chevy's new Truck interior  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Chevy's new Truck interior
« on: October 14 2021, 05:24:04 PM »
Have you guy's seen the new GM truck interior?  About time they stepped it up.  Apparently, the new Canyon should have a similar one.  I would trade mine in for a new one with the exception that there is no more diesel. :(

Anyway, roll up to 1:24 on the video and tell me what you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nknuMPejIRE

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Chevy's new Truck interior
« Reply #1 on: October 15 2021, 10:37:08 AM »
Okay, I don't know how long it will last electronically wise, but that damn thing is beautiful inside.  Makes me wish I was young, dumber, and working!  I can see myself sleeping down the road in that thing.  I give it two thumbs up for interior looks...

I can see Brad trading in for that one LOL
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15 2021, 12:37:16 PM »
Nice  :rock: loaded up = $80k ...  :player:

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18 2021, 10:18:40 AM »
Steve, that interior is on one of their high end models. I kinda doubt it'll be in a lower model like I drive. I work for myself and my latest is a 2021 Silverado crew cab work truck with the 6.6 box. Go to my latest Netgear vid and you'll see the option package on the wall. Would like to trade this one in already, but there's zilch for trucks on the lots. I get my GM discount and I wait for a sale, so I break even each time. Racked 10,000 miles on this one already as I was way up North in Temagami Ontario which is 6 hours north of here when I wasn't working. Spent a ton of time up in there when I was younger...it doesn't suffer fools. With the Covid scam and all the woke bullshit, I have no use for society. It's rugged tough ass country and you set your own rules...suits me just fine.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18 2021, 10:54:52 AM »
I was eating lunch with a guy yesterday who used to run the shop at the local Chevy place.  His comment was that he was glad he would not have to try to fix the electronics on them when they started breaking in a couple of years.  Someone else commented/asked who would pay 80k for a truck that was too nice to be used for work.  I told him that his wife was a likely candidate.  That is probably correct as the parking lot at the mall are full of similar trucks.  I still see a Hummer every once in awhile when I go to San Angelo.  Woman driving it.

Reminds me, I did not know GM put 5 cyl sixes in some of the Hum3's.  Learn something all the time.

I remember you talking about the up north country.  If you ain't careful, effing people from California will buy it up for week end property.  They will pay twice what the going price is and then the government will raise the taxes by four times to be able to supply all the luxuries the Calinuts demand and real Canadians will be moving south or further north, or God help them, East.

It's so bad here that they have declared property less than a 100 acres as a special tax group because Californians that have moved to Austin are now looking for week end properties (175 miles from Austin) and paying stupid prices for land with little water or other utilities.  So if you have less than 100 acres, you own potential vacation property and you should be taxed on the potential value if some idiot buys it rather than what it is actually worth to live on...

People in Austin are raising hell because Californiusts' are buying houses at twice the going rate because it seems cheap to them and taxes and real estate has gone off the chart.  Now they are looking to the country side to spend the rest of the money they brought with them.

And effin' Bezos is launching beefed up sky rockets to take idiots to "edge of space" so far western Texas that is worth about ten bucks an acre is going up as well. No place to run...  Gonna force a stand and fight mentality....
Steve Wood

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18 2021, 01:04:20 PM »
Steve I have a vid of my great uncles cabin just south of Temagami. He built it in 1952. He died in 85 and my mom not long after that. I spent a ton of time up in there. It was sold by his ex wife in 1990 for 13 grand. If I had of known I would have bought it. Woman who owns it is well into her 70's and has no business being there...she's from Toronto...and rarely goes up. 2 winters ago they got 7 feet of snow and the roof collapsed as you'll see on the vid. She should of had someone shovelling the roof like the others do, but was clueless. My final outing was Sept 21st-26th up there, as that's when the Provincial campground closes. Nothing unsual to see temps dip into the low 40's in August. Some of the sites I stay on require you to park your car and hike your stuff in. I stay on water sites, and the river temps are pretty chilly for bathing...usua lly in the 50's. Everything I have I load in the back seat of the truck with them folded up, and I have the bed loaded full of wood from the pallet place here in town. The rest I drag out of the bush and cut and chop while I'm there. It's dense bush so there's a ton of dead fall. Sadly, I checked on the cabin last month, and she's had it razed. If I had it, I woulda had the roof repaired. It's rugged country...no one in their right mind goes up there. I spent so much time up in there...that it feels like home.
« Last Edit: October 18 2021, 01:17:46 PM by Scoobum »

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18 2021, 01:15:53 PM »
2 weeks after I bought this 2021 I was in town, and it started running so rough I had to 2 foot it back to the house...and I was lucky to get that far. I thot it was the engine computer fried, as every light on the dash went off including the ebrake light. Had it towed to the nearest dealer, and the mechanic told me it broke a valve spring. I thot it would have run on the other 7 cylinders, but apparently not. These new vehicles are way beyond my understanding. I still have the lifted truck...with a whole 6 thousand miles on it. Open the door and it still smells new.

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18 2021, 02:58:12 PM »
Reminds me, I did not know GM put 5 cyl sixes in some of the Hum3's.  Learn something all the time.

I remember you talking about the up north country.  If you ain't careful, effing people from California will buy it up for week end property.  They will pay twice what the going price is and then the government will raise the taxes by four times to be able to supply all the luxuries the Calinuts demand and real Canadians will be moving south or further north, or God help them, East.

It's so bad here that they have declared property less than a 100 acres as a special tax group because Californians that have moved to Austin are now looking for week end properties (175 miles from Austin) and paying stupid prices for land with little water or other utilities.  So if you have less than 100 acres, you own potential vacation property and you should be taxed on the potential value if some idiot buys it rather than what it is actually worth to live on...

People in Austin are raising hell because Californiusts' are buying houses at twice the going rate because it seems cheap to them and taxes and real estate has gone off the chart.  Now they are looking to the country side to spend the rest of the money they brought with them.

And effin' Bezos is launching beefed up sky rockets to take idiots to "edge of space" so far western Texas that is worth about ten bucks an acre is going up as well. No place to run...  Gonna force a stand and fight mentality....

They should have put a 5.3 in the H3!  I have a friend who is an ICU nurse in Austin, I won't tell you what she is dealing with.  But she was saying how the house prices have sky rocketed with all these Californian's moving in.  The local government will like that, increased assessed property values and more property taxes! 

Time to flip some houses, Steve! :icon_lol:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18 2021, 07:25:55 PM »
The local government is defunding the police and the results are as any normal person would expect.  In the meantime, people that paid for their homes and retired there are finding that they can no longer afford their property taxes.  It was already a problem but now it is a disaster.    Property tax is a curse that keeps on giving.

I think they did make the LS3 an option...I just never heard on an inline 5 cylinder.  As a side note, it seems that inline sixes are coming back strong unless you are BMW who never phased them out.
Steve Wood

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18 2021, 08:17:16 PM »
H3 is basically a colorado/canyon. I5 is the base, 5.3 optional 
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19 2021, 09:47:11 AM »
The 2019 Elevation I had had 5.3 with 3.23 gear and 8 speed transmission and the cylinders drop down to 2 on the highway and got 27 MPG highway. The 2021 I have has the 5.3 with the 3.42 gears and drops down to 4 cylinders on the highway and gets 22 MPG highway. It's a work truck so I couldn't get the 3.23 gears. Real world numbers for those that are wondering.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19 2021, 09:52:35 AM »
that is a bigger difference than I would have thought
Steve Wood

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19 2021, 10:06:19 AM »
Keep in mind I use cruise control and keep pretty close to the speed limit...and that's with the box empty and no towing.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19 2021, 10:36:58 AM »
My Miata gets 27 to the gallon.  Does not weigh but about 2200.....   My T used to get a tad over 24 on trips if I never punched it...

I would think aero would put a halt to trunk mileage even with all the tweaks they have done over the years to cut drag.
Steve Wood

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19 2021, 02:44:13 PM »
H3 is basically a colorado/canyon. I5 is the base, 5.3 optional

That's right.  I was looking at them but it was really hard to get the 5.3 here.

The 2019 Elevation I had had 5.3 with 3.23 gear and 8 speed transmission and the cylinders drop down to 2 on the highway and got 27 MPG highway. The 2021 I have has the 5.3 with the 3.42 gears and drops down to 4 cylinders on the highway and gets 22 MPG highway. It's a work truck so I couldn't get the 3.23 gears. Real world numbers for those that are wondering.

Wow, that is a huge difference.  What is the rpm difference?  Does the new truck have an 8 speed or 10?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal