Author Topic: Self proclaimed world class Turbo engine builder was outclassed by a ROOKIE.  (Read 19142 times)

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
I like Russ and Mellissa, they are some great folks. Probably some of the best if not THE best in the community but I’m sure “bottom line” didn’t tune or travel for free. 
ummmm never "assume"  :cool;
I can’t say I assume much. What I am guilty of is trusting people easily. That usually turns into disappointment and frustration.

My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread. Not another word on the subject from me
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline TUFBUICK

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile

[/quote]My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread. Not another word on the subject from me[/quote]

That's quite alright.....we need to step up and expose the Rip Off Artists, Scumbags, Liars, Swindlers, Fraudsters, Bogus, Phony, Talentless, Douchebag, Dregs of Society who think they are getting over on us.

I told this A-Hole I would expose his Fraudulent ways on a public complaint site for all to see. He didn't believe me. Now if you look up his name on a web search guess what, People Claim and RipOff Report comes up along with his web page for all to see the total story of how he Screwed Me Over. Great recommendation for a perspective customer to read.

I'm more than happy to make sure NEW customers see what a Prick this Disrespectful, No Talent, Untrustworthy, POS Old Fool is really about before they get their pockets picked with inferior work and totally dishonest promises of new parts and first class mechanical talent. It ain't happening at this shop. This bastard is a first class HACK who only cares about the  $$$$$$ and is protected by his band of Nut Huggers.

So yes, post away. Be my guest and step up and save some other poor souls the same fate I and others have suffered at the hands of this No Talent Bottom Feeder !
When the light turns GREEN the shit is on !

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile

This bastard is a first class HACK who only cares about the  $$$$$$ and is protected by his band of Nut Huggers.

So who is this "Hack" ??

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
I was always told to never use a tensioner on a double roller because it would chew it up exactly like yours.  More lately, I have heard some say there was some doubles that would work with the tensioner but I don't know a name and I wonder how it will work given the difference in the change width, etc.

I also learned 20 years ago that only the best rollers would make a couple of thousand miles without stretching and perhaps slapping the timing cover.

I pretty much agree with this. I disagree that some double rollers will work w/a tensioner. I believe some tensioners will work w/nearly all double rollers.

The difference, to me, is in slack. IMO, a double roller will have little slack on a fresh motor for some time. However, they seem to never stop stretching. A link chain will stretch some before that new engine is timed. Apparently immediately. Typically, they run a long time w/small to moderate slack. Slack enough to whip takes them out.

A couple of things from experience. If you are going to go w/ a roller, pay extra for the IWIS (German) chain. I prefer Rollmaster, especially when align bored. 2)My early '70's street BBC went 90k w/link chain. I put 15k on it, shifting as high as 9k rpm.

I will stay out of this thread as I have been on both sides. I built/sold performance motors from '69-'73. I help racers today that run professionally built motors.

My condolences to the original poster. Being emotionally involved in a money matter never worked for me. It did help me see inside a couple of jails.
« Last Edit: May 25 2019, 05:07:01 PM by wmsonta »

Offline TUFBUICK

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile

This bastard is a first class HACK who only cares about the  $$$$$$ and is protected by his band of Nut Huggers.

So who is this "Hack" ??

You know who it is, you were lurking on the other sites when I first posted my original complaint.
His shop is in Burlington N.C. and he's hosting the TurboBuick.com Nationals as we speak, need I say more ?
Maybe this will jog your memory.......O h-Oh I think I have been locked out of turbobuick.com and can't copy the link. Figures as the chief nut huggers are all together today in N.C.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
yes old age forgot who it was. I did remember the thread though. did you get a free meal today ??
« Last Edit: May 25 2019, 09:53:29 PM by Grumpy »

Offline TUFBUICK

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
yes old age forgot who it was. I did remember the thread though. did you get a free meal today ??
There are no free meals pal !
« Last Edit: May 25 2019, 09:59:53 PM by TUFBUICK »

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
wmsonta...

I have seen nothing but broken tensioners when used with a double roller.  What usually happens is that the tensioner gets chewed up, then the arm breaks, followed in the worst case with a jammed oil pump.

The TAPerformance says to never use a tensioner with a double roller chain.  It further says that they should only be used with the link style chain.

I would be interested in the tensioner that you have seen made for a double roller Buick chain.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
wmsonta...

I have seen nothing but broken tensioners when used with a double roller.  What usually happens is that the tensioner gets chewed up, then the arm breaks, followed in the worst case with a jammed oil pump.
Yeah, I see the problem. You are Buick specific and I don't think that way. This is a Buick specific forum. Terminology is another issue. Arm? Is it a guide or a tensioner. I have been into the frt of even fire 3.8's and do not remember anything. Aftermarket? Probably just later ones.
Anyway, what I am thinking of is oem. Various manufacturers. It is stamped steel and is not moveable. Gm (60* V6, etc.) are on the pass outside the chain, )\..../. Mopar (360 Magnum, etc) is on both sides, )\..../(. These work fine and may help. As long as the curved surface facing the chain is flat/smooth. They should not touch a new chain.
The TAPerformance says to never use a tensioner with a double roller chain.  It further says that they should only be used with the link style chain.
I don't know anything about TA. The following are JMO. If the follower/tensioner/guide touches a new timing chain, don't put it together. If on the stand, while barring it over and you hear or feel ANYTHING other than ring drag, don't put it together. If in doubt, don't use anything except the timing set. That worked fine for decades.
I would be interested in the tensioner that you have seen made for a double roller Buick chain.
I do not believe I have ever seen a 'tensioner' made for a double roller chain. Single roller,yes. Double, no. What I was thinking of was the various oem 'guides' that came on motors produced new w/link chains.There is that Buick specific thing again. I must pay more attention or change something.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
I hope I live long enuf to see the demise of the protection rackets, but, now we see swarms of idiots rushing to badmouth anyone on FB that dares point out that the guru of the moment turned out crappy work.  More and more of these people know less and less but they need a hero that shares a little shade with them while sucking their pockets dry.

Jason pointed out how it works.

That' "protection racket" is one of the main reasons I created and have had this board up for nearly 20 years. There's none of that here - no advertising, nothing.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline TUFBUICK

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
I texted (with pictures) what I posted here to the "Self proclaimed world class Turbo engine builder" and got exactly what I expected...... NO RESPONCE !
If he ever works up the balls to address my latest engine carnage, I'm sure the finger pointing will begin and he will say "I" caused it.

The most important answer I want is......"WHY DID YOU USE MY OLD SLOPPY CHAIN AND PUT A TENSIONER ON THAT USED UP CHAIN ? ? ?"
He should at least know that answer or was he trying to cut corners on something he hoped wouldn't be discovered.

Some kind of answer and a monetary refund for the parts I had to buy would be appropriate.
This shyster is to cheap to reach in his pocket to at least compensate me for what I had to replace so far.

I guess he was to busy this weekend making sandwiches for his nut huggers !
« Last Edit: May 26 2019, 09:08:59 AM by TUFBUICK »

Offline Hill1430

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Just an update, disputed with my bank and have my money back. Needless to say I will not spend another dime with those clowns.
1987 Grand National Work in progress
2019 Shelby GT350

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Thread starter Tufbuick  Ron Mooney died a few months after this thread
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline Hill1430

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Sorry, wrong thread.
1987 Grand National Work in progress
2019 Shelby GT350

Offline Mike231

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
I know this is an old thread but I just got into a problem with Gbody parts. Bought an upper door panel set for almost $500. When they got here both were damaged. They said send them back, so I thought I'd get new ones without a problem. Went back and forth for two months with a lot of bull$hit about dealing with the manufacturer. I finally got my CC involved and I'm getting my money back.
And to hill 1430, how did you get a phone number? I couldn't find one.
Hey to all, for us new people, how about a name to go with the rant? Save us from going there and getting screwed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal