Author Topic: Self proclaimed world class Turbo engine builder was outclassed by a ROOKIE.  (Read 19161 times)

Offline TUFBUICK

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Many of you know the story of my engine horror show with North Carolinas so called Turbo Jesus. I mistakably posted the story on that other B.S. turbo site and was swiftly reamed by his loyal brand of nut huggers. He built me an everything "NEW" short block that is a piece of shit, my new Gessler heads were on the motor. After going back and forth with this idiot he was pissed that I didn't pay him for looking for a noise he created. He tried to blame me after the motor was back at his shop "TWICE" with no repair to the noise. The motor was in and out of this car twice for him to fix. He checked the bearings and went no further. He also said to bring the whole car to him and he would fix it, B.S.. This money grabber was so pissed about what he though I owed him for looking for "HIS" noise, that I could smell a mechanics lien a mile away on my vehicle in his shop. This is one arrogant old coot that has zero customer satisfaction on his mind. Bring my car to him to fix, you got two try's and at this point he couldn't tie my shoe as far as I'm concerned.

He installed a bad set of lifters and from other things I discovered they were probably my old ones as they did not appear on my bill.
I found that problem myself, a freaken Rookie ! My mechanic installed a new set of lifters and that noise was gone.

Next scenario was a horrible noise that showed its head when I was just driving local, WHAM, WTF ! Shut this damn thing down and called a flat bed to tow it to my house. (This motor took over a year of B.S. and back and forth with this clown and has under 150 miles on it). In discussed this car sat on my lift for 3 months, I covered it and didn't even want to look at it.

I am not a mechanic but after listening to the noise coming from behind my timing cover I decided to take a look and this is what I found:
1- The cam button spring broke sending the button and spring into my gears and chain.
2- That broke my tensioner bolt off and the tensioner and tensioner spring took a ride on my gears and my "DOUBLE ROLLER CHAIN". **
 ** Doesn't the whole Turbo World know that you don't use a tensioner on a Double Roller Chain ! ! !
3- The chain was my old ass sloppy chain that this clown thought no one would ever discover, so he put a tensioner to quiet it down. **
** He was told to replace "ANY" worn out parts on the rebuild.
4- I had to replace.....Ti ming Chain and Gears, Cam Button and Spring, "NEW" Front Cover, (mine was galled and cracked), "NEW" Oil Pump, Cam Sensor Gear, and the Crank Sensor bracket was cracked because someone tightened it to much. Fortunately all these loose parts would up between the front main cap and the cover. I shut this thing down so fast that the oil was in good shape.

Used parts and shoddy workmanship seems to be his M.O.! And a Tensioner on a Double  Roller Chain......SHA ME ON YOU ! ! !
Maybe you thought you were pulling the wool over my eyes but I have photos, videos and all the bills for everything I had to buy to fix what "HE" F'ed up !

So......The Turbo Jesus couldn't find what he F'ed up (or he didn't give a shit) only wanted more money. Well the ROOKIE FIXED ALL (at my additional expense) and now it finally runs perfect. My first time wrenching on this G.N. and I'm the original owner. Now who owes who money "TURBO JESUS" ! ! ! You can K.M.A. ! ! !

When the light turns GREEN the shit is on !

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
Why drag it over here ? You have beaten it to death already on other sites. Whats the point ? Pity show ? :chin:

Offline TUFBUICK

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
If you had your motor coming apart after the best turbo car rebuilder F'ed it up would you be happy. I'm not looking for any sympathy, I just want everyone to know how he doesn't give a shit about this situation. Maybe you like getting screwed out of thousands of dollars, I sure as hell don't. So what I've illustrated here is O.K. in your book. Sure as hell ain't O.K. in my book ! Have you installed a tensioner on your double roller chain lately, that's O.K. with you to I guess.

I've had 5 motors, 3 trannies and two rears rebuilt over the years I've owned this car and never had such B.S. and run around such as this.
If I had a problem they stepped to the plate and made it right on their dime. Not the case here !
« Last Edit: May 24 2019, 10:05:23 AM by TUFBUICK »

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
This is the only Buick site I ever look at.  If anything, FB is the biggest show in town :D  I'm glad to see the Buick world continues it's 30 year old roller coaster ride.

I often wonder if the other, larger brands are filled with the same type of guys that attempt to dominate the Chevy and Ford worlds. 

What amazes me is that in the Buick world, there are guys with virtually no history in the car business that suddenly emerge as gurus that people who are not experienced car guys suddenly kowtow to.  Dumb and Dumber.  Someone should make a movie....
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
I often wonder if the other, larger brands are filled with the same type of guys that attempt to dominate the Chevy and Ford worlds. 
Ohhhh hell ya.. It's the net .

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
If you had your motor coming apart after the best turbo car rebuilder
I've had 5 motors, 3 trannies and two rears rebuilt over the years I've owned this car and never had such B.S. and run around such as this.
Damm... Maybe time to find another Turbo God ?  There are a lot out there now !  :rock: :cheers:

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
It’s quite prevalent when it comes to who’s riding whose bus. They break your balls when you say anything. I break Hartline’s balls every chance he gives me on FB. Now he’s blocked me. No worries. My new name for his business is “Bottom Line” performance. He may have had heart at one time but not so much anymore.  Now it’s all about how much money he can dupe you out of.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline TUFBUICK

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
I'll pay good money for quality work, but when the jerk that built this motor tells me that I must have F'ed it up when I brought it back without him even looking at it first, there's the game changer right there. He said he never had a problem with one of his builds, well hell, I didn't build it he did.

We are all human and can make mistakes, it takes a real person to own up and make it right for the customer and not try to blame the customer. That is why I'm so pissed ! And now look at what I've found ! When will it finally blow up?

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
I was always told to never use a tensioner on a double roller because it would chew it up exactly like yours.  More lately, I have heard some say there was some doubles that would work with the tensioner but I don't know a name and I wonder how it will work given the difference in the change width, etc.

I also learned 20 years ago that only the best rollers would make a couple of thousand miles without stretching and perhaps slapping the timing cover.
Steve Wood

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
He used to always be surrounded by a "posse", I have heard because he was afraid someone would kick his ass.  They tell me he is a good tuner and Gumpy's son in law likes him...differen ce is that I would trust Grumpy's son in law (Russ) but I would never trust the guy in question. 

I think it is the guys that don't know much that always get the shaft by these clowns.  They know better than to screw over someone that is well known and respected
Steve Wood

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
He used to always be surrounded by a "posse", I have heard because he was afraid someone would kick his ass.  They tell me he is a good tuner and Gumpy's son in law likes him...differen ce is that I would trust Grumpy's son in law (Russ) but I would never trust the guy in question. 

I think it is the guys that don't know much that always get the shaft by these clowns.  They know better than to screw over someone that is well known and respected
He’s still surrounded by his posse.  Calls BG his personal atm machine. Has an ego the size of the planet. Say anything about him and they are on you like flies on sh*t.  It doesn’t change the fact that he lies and none of his posse will believe a word you, the outsider, has to say. He may be considered a good tuner by some but word on the street is that everyone that has left him is now going faster to include his best friend. That had to hurt. I personally know of one vendor that hasn’t spent a dime with him since last years little tent fiasco at BG. I make my assessments based on a persons actions. You may fool me once but never again. And I don’t forget, especially when you lie about the situation.

I like Russ and Mellissa, they are some great folks. Probably some of the best if not THE best in the community but I’m sure “bottom line” didn’t tune or travel for free. 
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Lots of big egos in the Buick world. I tried to avoid them as much as possible. One night at the track, I was told I was doing everything wrong and shown a customer setup that was supposed to be the hot ticket and was big money. It ran a couple tenths faster than my t-type at the time and was trailed to the track - and had to be pushed in the trailer after the 2nd pass. I ran at least 10 passes and still drove home and it didn’t have stupid money in my setup.

IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
I am always amazed at how many drunks and charlatans have found success in the Buick world after the internet emerged and a handful of personalities soon realized that the mafia provided a lot less protection than a web forum could.  Paying protection money to a forum and getting their name mentioned in a magazine turned a lot of people into miracle workers that had never produced a product that was competitive in an open marketplace.

When I see someone emerge talking about technology and how he has discovered  the secret to performance that revolutionizes the hobby, I see another charlatan emerging.  When they spend all their time online bragging about their business and how they worked on Joe Blow's car and when it left, it should be making 600 hp, I know the drill.  The guys that really know their business are too busy to sit around and badmouth others and they don't have packs of dingleberries that do it for them.

TuffBuicks, if your oil pump was in good shape and does not show signs of debris chewing on the gears or the walls of the gear pocket, I'm guessing that you have a good chance of being okay.  I doubt that you got any signs of an engine that was well built, however.  Fortunately, these things seem to run pretty well in just about any form.   Boost beats all a lot of the time.

I hope I live long enuf to see the demise of the protection rackets, but, now we see swarms of idiots rushing to badmouth anyone on FB that dares point out that the guru of the moment turned out crappy work.  More and more of these people know less and less but they need a hero that shares a little shade with them while sucking their pockets dry.

Jason pointed out how it works.
Steve Wood

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Before the interwebz there were magazines and newsletters, and club publications. No way any of us will out live the protection as it is profitable.
Bottom line, if you don't know the difference the seller, shop, tuner or whatever can sell you just about anything. And you as the unknowing will be happy to buy it.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
I like Russ and Mellissa, they are some great folks. Probably some of the best if not THE best in the community but I’m sure “bottom line” didn’t tune or travel for free. 
ummmm never "assume"  :cool;

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal