Author Topic: RPS's new Return Line Upgrade kits!  (Read 9984 times)

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
RPS's new Return Line Upgrade kits!
« on: August 04 2018, 09:59:34 AM »
New Return Line kits from RPS.

For those people who want to upgrade your fuel lines, but don't want to spend $500 on a setup, this return line kit comes with a new -6AN return line and adapter fitting for the pressure regulator.

We all know the stock feed line will take you to the 10s, so if that works for you, this kit was made to save you money by offering ONLY what you NEED.

Installin g this return line, along with making sure the sending unit return line tubes are ported out (if need be) will allow you to run larger fuel pumps on the stock feed lines, along with swapping to an E85 setup if you desire.

Fuel return lines are 16.5 feet ( 16-1/2 )long.
They come with; metric to AN adapter fitting with aluminum crush washer that mounts at the bottom of the stock style fuel pressure regulator. One side of the line has a 90degree fitting on it, and the otherside has a straight -6AN hose end on it.

If you do not have a sending unit that has AN fittings on it, we can remove the straight AN fitting and include worm-gear hose clamps, so that you can slide the nylon hose over the return line hose barb on the sending unit. If you want this done we reduce the cost by $10.

These kits are $150 shipped to the lower 48 states right now. We have 3 more kits available and IN STOCK READY TO SHIP.

KIT DOES NOT COME STANDARD WITH PICTURED FUEL FILTER. PLEASE READ BELOW FOR FURTHER DETAILS.OPTION AL:

New fuel filter (same as pictured) with adapter fittings so that you can install a new E85-compatible fuel filter. These DeatschWerks fuel filters have a 3 year warranty, are 10 micron stainless steel filter elements, and have less than 1 psi of backpressure rise-over 40sq inches of surface area. Fuel filter add-on is $140 SHIPPED to the lower 48 states. All filters are drop-shipped from DeatschWerks to reduce overall costs (by not having to pass on the extra cost to have it shipped to us and then shipped to you).

For questions or orders, please call or text Tyler at 707 362 6030 or email at 1987GN@gmail.com
Thank you,Tyler

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
Re: RPS's new Return Line Upgrade kits!
« Reply #1 on: August 04 2018, 10:16:33 AM »
Not a bad idea.  I've always heard that you pull fuel through a metal screen and push fuel through a paper filter. Thoughts?
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
Is the line just a rubber liner or is it synthetic?
IhaveaV8

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
Is the line just a rubber liner or is it synthetic?

Synthetic.

Braided nylon hose. E-85 compatible

Not a bad idea.  I've always heard that you pull fuel through a metal screen and push fuel through a paper filter. Thoughts?

Not sure what you want in terms of my thoughts. You stated a fact. Not sure where to go from there?

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 04 2018, 12:10:11 PM »
I am confused...is the filter option for the return line or is it a replacement for the feed side existing fuel filter....

Then if what Jason stated as a fact, we are pushing thru metal instead of paper?

Seems to be a very attractive price for the return line kit
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04 2018, 08:12:03 PM »
The Racetronix full kit is priced out of the ball park for most. I talked to Tyler about selling just the return line...as most guys are running between 10.5 to 11.5...so the return is all they need for the bigger pumps. The DW fuel filter and return line will be on my car as fast as USPS can get it here. I talked to Tyler earlier about selling a fuel pump with the kits as well. He can expand on this.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04 2018, 08:15:55 PM »
so the filter he shows is to replace the stock filter?  I guess that was what Jason was asking about the filter-metal vs paper.  It's better to push thru paper, but, in this case, we are pushing thru metal?  maybe to handle E85 flow?

Can't get E85 around here and I think I would have to have a pretty big still to make enuf to keep up
Steve Wood

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05 2018, 12:04:39 AM »
Tyler your add states that the return "lines"(plural) are 16 1/2 feet long and that the filter in the picture is an option for the return line kit. Does your return line kit come in two separate lengths of hose to incorporate the new filter?   I was asking for thoughts on the filter being a metal screen vs a paper screen due to the remarks in your post about the return line kit with the filter. Kind of leads me to believe that the filter would be installed on the return side of the fuel system because the remarks don't specifically say that the filter is a stock location replacement. My apologies if I confused anyone
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05 2018, 12:56:36 AM »

Can't get E85 around here and I think I would have to have a pretty big still to make enuf to keep up

Not really. If you make 'shine and leave quite a bit of water in it, you can crank out some serious gallons with no problem.   The part where making fuel sucks is having to run a still so hard you get almost ALL the water out of it so you can mess up the mixture by adding gasoline.

Not to mention, water has a pretty damn high octane rating. :)
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05 2018, 08:45:40 AM »
I made a lot of shine in Libya after Gdaffi took over.  It was hard, for awhile, to drink real whiskey after I left for greener pastures
Steve Wood

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05 2018, 12:05:50 PM »
No kidding.  Jack Daniels just doesn't taste the same after being used to good party likker.

Google search Charles 803 if you want an easy to run fuel still.   It's not real good for flavored spirits, but it'll strip hell out of some mash.   (and have purified distilled runoff for 'emergency' water  (5 proof, so stuff can't grow in it :) )

Can you grow switchgrass on your farm?
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05 2018, 12:17:11 PM »
If it would rain. I'm growing dirt right now
Steve Wood

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05 2018, 08:08:42 PM »
I am confused...is the filter option for the return line or is it a replacement for the feed side existing fuel filter....

Then if what Jason stated as a fact, we are pushing thru metal instead of paper?

Seems to be a very attractive price for the return line kit

Filter option is for the feed line existing filter.

The Racetronix full kit is priced out of the ball park for most. I talked to Tyler about selling just the return line...as most guys are running between 10.5 to 11.5...so the return is all they need for the bigger pumps. The DW fuel filter and return line will be on my car as fast as USPS can get it here. I talked to Tyler earlier about selling a fuel pump with the kits as well. He can expand on this.
^^^THIS.

I owe Brad all the credit for this idea.

After this batch of return line kits, I'll order some line to make complete fuel line kits to sell as well. I think it'll be something like 3 different options; 1) Return line kit, 2) Return line and fuel filter kits, 3) Complete fuel line kit

so the filter he shows is to replace the stock filter?  I guess that was what Jason was asking about the filter-metal vs paper.  It's better to push thru paper, but, in this case, we are pushing thru metal?  maybe to handle E85 flow?

Yes, stock filter.

It doesn't matter the filter element, it matters the available surface area and restriction of that given surface area.

The filter is a 10 micron filter and will work with gasoline or E85.

Tyler your add states that the return "lines"(plural) are 16 1/2 feet long and that the filter in the picture is an option for the return line kit. Does your return line kit come in two separate lengths of hose to incorporate the new filter?   I was asking for thoughts on the filter being a metal screen vs a paper screen due to the remarks in your post about the return line kit with the filter. Kind of leads me to believe that the filter would be installed on the return side of the fuel system because the remarks don't specifically say that the filter is a stock location replacement. My apologies if I confused anyone

The filter is an option to replace the fuel filter on the FEED line of the car.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05 2018, 08:22:02 PM »

Yep, he did not distinguish... was confusing...an d now, we know :)
Steve Wood

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05 2018, 08:24:48 PM »

Yep, he did not distinguish... was confusing...an d now, we know :)

You are absolutely right. I apologize for that.

I should have been much more explicit and specific in the description of the filter setup.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal