Author Topic: BPG T-PARTY special guests  (Read 3683 times)

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
BPG T-PARTY special guests
« on: February 01 2011, 08:37:57 PM »
On behalf of The Buick Performance Group, I officially invite you all as Buick owners, enthusiasts and spectators to our 2011 National Event July 29-31, 2011 at National Trail Raceway in Columbus, Ohio. We have had our "reunion events" focus on the Gran Sport Stage 1, and the GSX. Now it is time to devout our attention to one of the fastest, most under-rated muscle cars of all time. The cars that in subdued colors, lacked the flare and tenacity of the Grand National, but had the same drive train and guts on the inside. The cars that ate Mustang 5.0s since their inception in 1986 and were the fastest American built car in the 1980s, and second only worldwide to the Porsche 911 Twin Turbo. The car that had to be eliminated b/c it upset Chevrolet corporate staff because it violated GM

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
BPG T-PARTY special guests
« Reply #1 on: February 07 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
Wayne Sherman who called me for 45 min tonight to say that he will attend he was the last guy who ended the legacy of the GN at Buick and has rare parts and stories a few he told me he doesn't know if the public should know but great guy! He is calling Bill Owen a major player who brought the Buick power-plant to pas for the TTA! He also knows the guy he came up with the AE stock piston, the prototype 3.8 engine builder, the guy who calibrated the turbo cars, guy who did the turbo cars for FBI etc! He said also Bob Bailey worked in turbo group and Ron Wallace who also in turbo group took over CTS/Corvette! Wayne was a huge part and very busy working and school too! He said in a month he will find out about who can attend or who can't and said out of 5-6 guys he should get 1-2 for sure to show up! Wayne has a lot of great stories and definitely knows more than he let's on! Even said he remembers seeing Brads white GSX back in the day! He will also call a Tom Bosley of Gm heritage collection to see if we can get a TTA to come or both of them! I talked in summer with Seth Finnegan of GM Heritage who said because of Gm re structure policies have changed and since it may be tougher to sign out cars plus new liability! Wayne said same thing but I'll call again and use a few Gm contacts I know plus calling Indy museum see if they want to bring their TTA down too!

Wayne is awesome and will have some killer stories and pics as well as Bill Owen and a few others he's trying to bring on as some have passed away!

Tony Rose
BPG#1139
BOD-Vendor/Donors
Co-Chair 2011 "T" Party

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal