Author Topic: 87GN Last Time Under the Knife,FL  (Read 26261 times)

Offline I Love Factory ECMs

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: -16
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: 87GN Last Time Under the Knife,FL
« Reply #15 on: August 21 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
4-24-12,Now everything's in Paint!!..Only awaiting parts for Mass Assembly!!

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21 2012, 10:30:46 PM »
5-14-12 , Rear flares are on. Hood,trunk,fenders in sanding an polishing phase. Just ordered the Original Factory Dashboard an Surround from G-Bodyparts.com ,should be here in a week,It came out of a 65,000 mile t-type. Sending my FAST ECU back to FAST for traction control update an getting a speed senor while the capped dash comes out, I'll have it for sale. Still waiting on some external motor assembly parts to drop the motor an trans in. I go back to the shop in week

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21 2012, 10:36:28 PM »
5-18-12 Friday Update!! Gbodyparts.Com Dash arrived.It'll work!! Beat's the hell out of the cap idea i tried!!! Trans. is ready to mate to the motor.Down pipe an cross over been jet coated. I go back to shop Monday to crack the whip..heh

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
5-30-12 , Motors assembled,Only the accessories are left,It's being installed as i type this..Time to fill the Hole!!

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21 2012, 10:40:58 PM »
5-30-12 Part 2!!! The Holes Filled!!! I drove back up to the shop hoping there still working on the car, Nope, Motor's in already an the Mech left for the day..The New custom made steering shaft's in, Silicone hose's on ,some new AN fitting for intake, Alternator an Turbo's next along with all the sensors hooked back up, Spaghetti city!! After reading a thread today on oil pan height with dropped pan,Looks like my Trans. pans' even lower,I know more when the car together an on the ground. Hopefully i won't have any issues with the tight Susp. i run. All the hard plastic trim's being painted an the Dash swap-out still in the works.

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21 2012, 10:44:13 PM »
6-4-12 , The Snails mounted, GT-71 3 bolt sneaky sneaky Turbo,Can't read the numbers on the injector harness so ordered new one, Needed it anyway, was the Origianl with over 100,000 miles,6 motor's in an out..heh

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21 2012, 10:47:30 PM »
6-15-12 , The rear assembly's going together,I went ahead an ordered new front turn markers an signal lights,I can't find a New rear impact bumper strips or the small lower fronts!!,Guess everyone's been hit in the arse, i never have but i have pushed cars , so got new front main. For now i'll just use my original one in the back, it only as one or two goobers on it. The GBodyParts.com Dash is in , What a difference -vs- the Cap,Thanks Brain Side mirrors are on, i swapped out the passenger adjustable from the dash for a manual adjustment.
 XFI's at FAST being programed an updated. When it returns i find out how to attach the Speed Sensor on the currie 9". Still removing the front windshield. Getting Limo tint an strip like whats on the front now.I pulled a rear window out of a Cutless that had defrost to replace my rear that had a hole in the top for 80's cellphone jack (I bought this car used in 90' with 62,000 miles,$11,300 after my 86 got totalled, I "was" in passenger seat)

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21 2012, 10:48:33 PM »
6-18-12 ,Paid the rest on the car,Rears going together an hopfully by next post the whole car will be assembled,Picked up the dash cap an will have for sale at the end this build along with Alot other parts an pieces.

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21 2012, 10:51:12 PM »
6-25-12 Update!! Cars nose is on. Intercooler an Radiator been sprayed with sneaky sneaky heat dispersant paint. All the parts are in. Only thing left to get is set "custom" rate springs, 1" drop in front, 2" in the rear (The BMR control arms dropped front an 1" already). Currently with more steel parts still to be added, the car sits 10 inches (from behind front wheel) off the ground an 11 3/4" (measured in front the rear wheel) in the rear. Not making a asphalt scrapper but lowering enough for stability for constant jaunts at over 100mph +. 8^)

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21 2012, 10:54:22 PM »
6-29-12 ,519 hours in the build...So much for the car being all together already..the assembly's in slow motion..The Rad an Intercooler are in,still straightening core support,,nothing fancy on the sound system,just alpine cd deck an good speakers all around. I go back in a week,Still have to pull the 9" chunk out an have custom yoke made for the traction control sensor (mines to big at 2.5" ),but that's all the hard parts,Last issue i might have after completion is wiring bugs,(The XFI,GNX Dash,Alky,Voltbooster,Newly added XFI boost solenoid )

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21 2012, 10:57:11 PM »
7-6-12, The cars basically all together now, Working out the turbo inlet an out let routing now,(the out-let hits the GN1 duel fan assembly) Adding the core support frame brace,re-fiberglassing my old KB lower front spoiler back together ( i hit a parking curb while back an it took the middle out) The cooler hanging between the intercooler pipes is a oil cooler. The 9" chunk i drove to Advanced Driveline of Florida, there reducing the yoke size to 2.188" from 2.50" so the traction control collar fits. I go back in week.......

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21 2012, 10:59:53 PM »
7-18-12 ,Well...I thought i just had a seal leak in the currie 9", Wrong, it's toast, the gears are burnt an knife edged. Getting the unit fixed. Was just re-built with less then 3 months on street driving only.Found the bolt-in currie 9" are only good to 435hp.... The Front Lower Spoilers fixed an being mounted.(made to look like i still a Stock Location Intercool,It's the Oil cooler you see) I went correlated Radiator hoses,easier to route away from heat an the ribs offer some more cooling. the front an rear frame braces are mounted, I await the rear-end now then it's back in busniess..

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21 2012, 11:02:13 PM »
8-13-12 Update!! The Punkin Chunkens built ! Bulletproof,billet,detroit locker with traction control !! Same 3:20 gearing . Ordering Q1A's all around, got tired looking for custom height an rate springs. Now i'll be autocross spring rated with adjustable height an valved shocking....On ly have to work out all the clearance issues (exhaust,ATR rear sway bar, etc,etc) All the frame bracing's in except the two that go over the motor to the windshield from left an right fender corners. The Fiberglass KB lower scoops fixed an mounted along with the turbo inlet an outlets. The build continues..... ...

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22 2012, 07:12:23 AM »
Looking very nice, congrats. Body shop a friend?

AJ___

Offline Scott87

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost Tube
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22 2012, 11:56:13 AM »
Very nice build.  Thanks for sharing.  The heat dispersent paint used on the radiator, any chance you remember the brand / type ?

Posted From Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal