Author Topic: Gas pedal cable replacement  (Read 2371 times)

Online gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Gas pedal cable replacement
« on: February 24 2020, 10:05:36 AM »
Is it wise to replace the original gas pedal cable, or just leave along since it's still function?
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Gas pedal cable replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 24 2020, 04:21:55 PM »
I think one of mine broke many years ago.  The other one was stretched and I fixed it with a tie wrap in order to get full throttle movement as shown on my site.

It would not hurt to have one on hand, in case the original breaks, and it should be easy to fix so it would not hurt to replace it if you just need something to do....or believe in preventative maintenance, :D
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Online gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Gas pedal cable replacement
« Reply #2 on: February 24 2020, 05:34:53 PM »
I think one of mine broke many years ago.  The other one was stretched and I fixed it with a tie wrap in order to get full throttle movement as shown on my site.

It would not hurt to have one on hand, in case the original breaks, and it should be easy to fix so it would not hurt to replace it if you just need something to do....or believe in preventative maintenance, :D
Like you said, I will probably get one just in case the original breaks.
The only problem of replacement I would have to check and maybe readjust the TV cable, TPS and WOT again
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal