Author Topic: Nasty Wendy's GN goes up in a ball of fire at GBodyParts  (Read 73814 times)

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: Nasty Wendy's GN goes up in a ball of fire at GBodyParts
« Reply #75 on: August 01 2013, 03:57:01 PM »
I would NEVER buy a repro item like that, regardless of where it comes from. I will bet it's way off, and will take considerable work to make it fit. It's a LOT easier (and cheaper, after 100 hours fiddle-fucking around) to chop a hardtop and install it in place of the t-tops.

Well, I should say I would never buy something like that from a shady vendor like Brian. If Classic Industries starts repopping parts, I would buy them.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
Hmmm..

Interesting thread. Shows the right way to install the T-Top pieces.. without charring a customer's car.
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/update-to-t-top-rot-fixed-with-an-awesome-gbodypart-com-piece.388193/

'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read that Supersix, which is why I think im gonna give that a try. Then let my guy earn the rest of the $. Maybe the money I save I can put towards a............. motor mount.....or a Vacuum block.

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02 2013, 12:05:12 AM »
Hmmm..

Interesting thread. Shows the right way to install the T-Top pieces.. without charring a customer's car.
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/update-to-t-top-rot-fixed-with-an-awesome-gbodypart-com-piece.388193/

Thats the same thread i am going to follow. hopefully this winter.
Maybe one of you big dogs can try and work something out with James From Hubbards AKA impalaparts.co m
He sends complete cars to china to have them reversed engineered. He has the connections maybe he just needs a push towards G-bodies.     
Most talk about having thick skin but thats just BS.
This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02 2013, 01:30:11 AM »
I just checked the price on those pieces..... :hmm Im between a rock and a hard place because we didn't know how bad it was UNTIL we took the shit off. T-Top parts are damn near IMPOSSIBLE to find, and its insane that the T-Top components will cost me almost $1k in parts, with no more than 30 lbs in total weight. I really want to get rid of this car, but admire the WH1's. :(
Phil, let me check before I commit to this but I may have the complete kit and I'll give it to you to prevent you from buying it from him.  I remember him losing track of at least one of the pieces while I was there but it wasn't a big issue because he was going to grab what he'd lost from my kit out of his inventory.  Maybe all the parts came back together maybe not.  I'll make you a soft promise of checking tomorrow and letting you know.  I have a lot of chit to do tomorrow so it may be the next day.  Even if the kit is incomplete the part(s) that are missing wouldn't be hard to fabricate as they were on the simple side of the design.

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02 2013, 02:10:31 AM »
I just checked the price on those pieces..... :hmm Im between a rock and a hard place because we didn't know how bad it was UNTIL we took the shit off. T-Top parts are damn near IMPOSSIBLE to find, and its insane that the T-Top components will cost me almost $1k in parts, with no more than 30 lbs in total weight. I really want to get rid of this car, but admire the WH1's. :(
Phil, let me check before I commit to this but I may have the complete kit and I'll give it to you to prevent you from buying it from him.  I remember him losing track of at least one of the pieces while I was there but it wasn't a big issue because he was going to grab what he'd lost from my kit out of his inventory.  Maybe all the parts came back together maybe not.  I'll make you a soft promise of checking tomorrow and letting you know.  I have a lot of chit to do tomorrow so it may be the next day.  Even if the kit is incomplete the part(s) that are missing wouldn't be hard to fabricate as they were on the simple side of the design.
If Phil doesn't move on this i will.
i haven't taken mine apart yet but i have a good idea of whats waiting for me.

This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02 2013, 05:27:49 AM »
If Phil doesn't move on this i will.
i haven't taken mine apart yet but i have a good idea of whats waiting for me.

I should have stated this.  I planned to offer it to you if Phil decides a different route.  I offered him first because he declared need first.  I don't care who gets it as long as it prevents GBP from getting the sale.  Maybe it needs to be sent to China to have knock offs made.

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02 2013, 08:17:42 AM »
Phil you really don't need any of this stuff, right.  Phil let the Mrs know that you don't need the fng parts and to send them my way. Are you hearing me PHIL????         

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
Damn Clay, thats super nice of you. Please DO let me know.  I was gauging how much to donate towards your roller, and if you can save me some more $, it can just towards the donation.  The guy that I'm working with has agreed to make the plates himself, but the only thing he wouldn't be able to re-create IS the header panel.  Thanks a lot. I will continue to watch this thread closely

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02 2013, 08:47:04 AM »
Ayo Turbopowered 68, if Clay hook me up and there are any leftover parts, I can ship them out for sure. My car is already torn apart which is the reason for the panic. I have this powerplate I want to install, motormount, and some more TLC before summer's over. I just want to drive at least once more with the tops off.  :cheers:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #85 on: August 02 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
Sawzall will fix that for you, Phil!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02 2013, 09:26:45 AM »
Are the replacement panels patented?

I would love to have a pattern so I can make my own.
« Last Edit: August 02 2013, 09:36:26 AM by SuperSix »
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #87 on: August 02 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
don't think you can patent such, but, I wonder if they are licensed from G.M.?  If they are not marked, they don't need to be as far as I know
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
I don't think he bothers with any licensing.

I know for a FACT he doesn't.

Are they direct copies of factory replacement pieces?
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02 2013, 09:46:45 AM »
Money donated to Nasty Wendy's fund!!!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal