Author Topic: Earl Pistons  (Read 7113 times)

Offline juan89

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Earl Pistons
« on: November 03 2016, 05:33:46 PM »
Earl I need your pistons.

Juan

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Earl Pistons
« Reply #1 on: November 03 2016, 06:20:28 PM »
Maybe if your name was Juanitta - then you could get Earl's "piston".
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline achalmersman

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Earl Pistons
« Reply #2 on: November 03 2016, 07:48:38 PM »
What happened to his thread at the "other" place?  I got notifications of activity to that thread but it says it was deleted?  I am interested in all discusion related to these pistons.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04 2016, 03:35:04 AM »
Clint deleted it and said I had to pay money and be a vendor.....

...even though Shane, Jay, and Charlie told me to run with it since I was going to bring something new to the members and not compete with any paying vendors.

the real bad part is it was a TECH thread.  I only talked about how to work the blocks to save meat (and money) and how to calculate compression ratios.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04 2016, 07:23:24 AM »
Nice, now they are back to deleting stuff. Who is this Clint fellow? Sounds like he is making poor choices.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline achalmersman

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04 2016, 12:02:05 PM »
Clint deleted it and said I had to pay money and be a vendor.....

...even though Shane, Jay, and Charlie told me to run with it since I was going to bring something new to the members and not compete with any paying vendors.

the real bad part is it was a TECH thread.  I only talked about how to work the blocks to save meat (and money) and how to calculate compression ratios.
Thats bullshit.  At the most they ahould have deleted the post about they guy asking to buy.

They should have left the thread up.  There was a lot of good tech info and discussion in your piston threads and people should,be aware of a product that is still in the infant stage and quite a valuable asset to us.  So how much do they expect you to pay for something you havent made money on?

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
Well that is ultra shitty.  Sorry to hear about the narrowmindedne ss, Earl... maybe you need to sell them through a paying vendor to meet their expectations?

Stick with it... even when you don't feel appreciated.

And FWIW, the TB community needs to start standing up for itself and get the dick-tators back in line.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04 2016, 02:06:13 PM »
Clint is Sydwyndr.  I noticed it has 'admin' under his name now. I was thinking only Shane had that moniker.
They aren't in the infant stage, they've been done and finalized for years. I just don't act like other people and bring them up every time someone mentions pistons and try and ram them down peoples throats.

At any rate, I heard back from Shane today and he said for $1000 I can be a vendor and have a banner.  For $500 I can be a vendor and on page 2 (whatever that means).

Needless to say I can't allocate $500/$1000 to sell parts at (and sometimes below) cost along with handing out free tech advice.

So it looks like the only way I can keep my tech posts from vanishing is to ask $200 or so to a set of slugs and give it a year to 14 months or so to break even..... :icon_eyes:

« Last Edit: November 04 2016, 02:19:51 PM by earlbrown »
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04 2016, 04:31:41 PM »
$200 done!!  I am finally going to get my engine torn apart next week or the week after.  Too many projects on the go.  Pulled the engine out of my low milage RZ to put in new crank seals and clean up the power valves and see what the rest of the motor looks like.  Engine only has 4200km but sat for a long time.  I did fill the cylinders up with oil.

Offline achalmersman

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04 2016, 05:30:11 PM »

They aren't in the infant stage, they've been done and finalized for years.

I didnt meant that in an insulting way.  I meant infant as in not well known by the masses, and only available through you, etc.  And we really havent seen much tech talk about them and now it seems full on censorship has commenced. 

Offline 1KWIKSIX

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04 2016, 06:10:13 PM »
Here's an interesting post from Shane on the other board.
Note the comment at the end of the 2nd statement......Deletion will be rare and a last resort. Even deleted threads will be logged for future reference!

would like to welcome our newest member of the admin team here at TurboBuick.comThank you for helping  http://www.turbobuick.com/members/sydwyndr.617Clint is a good and honest man. He has been the driving force behind the TB Nats and now has graciously offered to extend his help to the board as an admin.

NO MORE DELETED THREADS OR POSTS UNLESS AN ADMIN DOES IT..... Deletion will be RARE and a last resort. Even deleted threads will be logged for future reference.

I am going to get this board back to where it supposed to be with all the help I am being offered. Thanks everyone and more mod announcements will be coming soon!

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04 2016, 08:07:49 PM »
http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/for-sale-posts.445551/

With the help of some good people we are slowly trying to get the board back to the place it should be. I am letting EVERYONE know if you are selling parts and it is obvious it is more than just personal stuff we are going to be cracking down.

You can stop now and avoid posts being removed. I am warning in advance. Please don't pm me after your multiple for sale threads are removed wanting to know why your post was removed.

We have a handful of guys acting as vendors and are NOT. Please stop... Or do it right....

PM me, we have 2 different levels of board sponsorship.
 SGRIM, Today at 5:02 AM
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04 2016, 08:16:04 PM »
Yah, they wanted $500 to have a table at RC's in the spring IIRC.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04 2016, 10:19:59 PM »
Wow... just keep driving folks further and further away from the centre of this hobby.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #14 on: November 05 2016, 09:59:59 AM »
Nothing new...same ol', same ol'.  I am amazed they did not drop the hammer earlier.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal