Author Topic: I want one!!  (Read 10350 times)

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: I want one!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13 2014, 09:43:32 AM »
I am waiting to see pricing on these because I'd be willing to trade the Buick in for it.  Seriously 10.8s with just a tire swap?  Unreal.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13 2014, 01:28:03 PM »
At heart I have always been a Mopar guy. That's about all I owned until I was about 20 & then I went thru a bike phase & then I started driving the Big Olds 98's & 88's until I found the GN. I still had a 98 as my daily driver.
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
Also looking at a new 1LE Camaro, the price could be right with the right trade in value.
« Last Edit: July 13 2014, 02:38:55 PM by motorhead »
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
Get your stopwatch out...and you'll get 11.8 every time. A few things to note. Why wasn't the camera set up behind the cars...so you could see the run from start to finish...and see the time come up on the board. Watch the launch...one of the softest I've ever seen. And lastly...watch the car go down the track...and through the traps. Does that look like 126 mph to you?
« Last Edit: July 13 2014, 06:51:12 PM by Scoobum »
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14 2014, 01:52:35 PM »
Brad I can't see the video link? Guess my pop up blocker is killing it? Can you post it here? Thanks!  :cheers:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14 2014, 04:29:29 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28krt9RCFj8

Cool vid.  I was getting 12 sec when timing it, but if you look at the seconds from start to finish on the video it is around the 10 second mark.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14 2014, 04:59:22 PM »
I like that old school one running mid 13's!! Nice

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14 2014, 05:30:23 PM »
Brad I can't see the video link? Guess my pop up blocker is killing it? Can you post it here? Thanks!  :cheers:

Takes awhile to load...at least on my laptop.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14 2014, 05:49:00 PM »

Cool vid.  I was getting 12 sec when timing it, but if you look at the seconds from start to finish on the video it is around the 10 second mark.

Bring the video up to full screen. Stop the vid just as the old skool Challenger finishes its burnout. At the bottom of the screen it says, "Do not attempt. Professional drivers on a closed course." I'm betting the vid we're seeing is with those two guys...and not the pro drivers. Dollars to donuts it took a whole whack of passes to pull a 10.8...and there woulda been all kinds of Chrysler execs and engineers etc there.

At frame 3:03 the old skool Challenger is on the back bumper of the new Challenger...a nd a couple frames later...he's a half track behind.
« Last Edit: July 14 2014, 06:02:33 PM by Scoobum »

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14 2014, 06:57:50 PM »
Just saw the car at Chrysler's at Carlisle (PA) It's an awesome looking piece. It looks like any other Challenger except for "Supercharged" on the side. The advertised numbers are impressive. Guesstimate price is mid 70K, limited production, and the rest is yet to be seen. Talking to the fat show guy in charge of the car is my latest info. He fired it up Sunday while we were getting registered to test drive the Durango RT they had there. Sounded awesome, took a quick vid with my digital camera. I'll try to post it here, otherwise it's on my FB page. So, I'm talking to the fat show guy. I ask him what's it run. Like was said earlier, low11's on street tires, 10.8x on drag radials. And I'm thinking, our last time slip on the GN was an 11.17. My shit-for-brains pulls a low 11 out of a friggin 6 and this is the best a production car can do with a supercharger, engineers, large pockets, and unlimited resources? And I know it's more than that, but really, with today's technology, gearing, and so on it should be a walk in the park.

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14 2014, 08:46:41 PM »
And don't forget the 13 speed split shifter too! :icon_lol:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 14 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
how many years is it guaranteed?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15 2014, 06:01:32 PM »
Just saw the car at Chrysler's at Carlisle (PA) It's an awesome looking piece. It looks like any other Challenger except for "Supercharged" on the side. The advertised numbers are impressive. Guesstimate price is mid 70K, limited production, and the rest is yet to be seen. Talking to the fat show guy in charge of the car is my latest info. He fired it up Sunday while we were getting registered to test drive the Durango RT they had there. Sounded awesome, took a quick vid with my digital camera. I'll try to post it here, otherwise it's on my FB page. So, I'm talking to the fat show guy. I ask him what's it run. Like was said earlier, low11's on street tires, 10.8x on drag radials. And I'm thinking, our last time slip on the GN was an 11.17. My shit-for-brains pulls a low 11 out of a friggin 6 and this is the best a production car can do with a supercharger, engineers, large pockets, and unlimited resources? And I know it's more than that, but really, with today's technology, gearing, and so on it should be a walk in the park.

1000lbs and being fully emissions compliant makes a huge difference - just wait until they crack this thing open the same way you did with your little V6.

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cQfBMmm34

There is just so much more potential in late-model cars and trucks.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15 2014, 06:02:27 PM »

Bring the video up to full screen. Stop the vid just as the old skool Challenger finishes its burnout. At the bottom of the screen it says, "Do not attempt. Professional drivers on a closed course." I'm betting the vid we're seeing is with those two guys...and not the pro drivers. Dollars to donuts it took a whole whack of passes to pull a 10.8...and there woulda been all kinds of Chrysler execs and engineers etc there.

At frame 3:03 the old skool Challenger is on the back bumper of the new Challenger...a nd a couple frames later...he's a half track behind.

Brad, it is a commercial.

Buick guys should be appropriately scared.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal