Author Topic: Who's running the TA Street Intimidator heads?  (Read 8263 times)

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
Who's running the TA Street Intimidator heads?
« on: June 24 2014, 03:24:29 PM »
I've got a line on a set of these heads that have been set up to run a roller cam, ie, the spring pressure.  Any thoughts?  A while back I asked for some flow numbers for stock heads.  These things right out of the box flow a tremondous amount of air.  I have a copy of the bench flow for the heads in question but just the website for the stock flow numbers. 
Anybody running these heads? Stroked or stock? Camshaft selection for your combo.
I have a complete engine sitting in the barn that I would like to make a mid 10 second street monster with.  You know, the occasional track grudge match machine and late model street killer.  Basically a Timex.... Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!
Talk to me folks...
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who's running the TA Street Intimidator heads?
« Reply #1 on: June 24 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
I have a new pair that were further ported by Nick Micale. Haven`t decided what block they`re going on...or If I`ll ever use them. I have a 3.8 std std block that`s been freshened and balanced...or a 4.1 I have sitting here. With the size of the ports I`d expect some good rwhp numbers north of 25 PSI with my 6262...and that`s prolly not enuf turbo for them. Takes a lot more than just a set of killer heads to go fast...and on top of that you have to upgrade everything else...get the combination right...and have the tuning knowledge. PACECARTA and SW should be able to help you out with your goals. These guys have forgotten more than I`ll ever know.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 24 2014, 08:09:44 PM »
should be good heads.  Being aluminum, they could stand a compression ratio of 9-1 or better for best performance on the street to get back some of the thermal loss.  Using a longer duration cam will make the low speed worse.  You might get some back by running more timing in first.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25 2014, 08:34:57 AM »
I was looking at shift points around 5500ish.  Probably financially better to port the iron stockers since I won't be using the heads to it's full potential.  No reason to twist it up too tight for my goals and I want it to live through years of excitement!  Any thoughts on the rev x grinds from mike over at full throttle.  I see that his grinds are a tad different.  The 210/215 looks interesting. 

I need to get to work.  No time to research any more this morning.  Thanks for the responses!
« Last Edit: June 25 2014, 01:17:58 PM by good2win22 »
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25 2014, 09:38:49 PM »
If you want to port them yourself you're welcome to come up and use my tools Jason. I did the same thing for Guess on TB.com. :D
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26 2014, 08:10:20 AM »
I may do that Charlie.  Not in any rush to tear that spare engine down just yet.  Need to get over and get the front aligned. It really bothers me to see my car sitting in the carport and only driven short distances on the weekends.  I'm anxious to see how well she handles after the front upgrade.  I may call you next week to set up an appointment if it's neccessary
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26 2014, 09:15:22 PM »
Call the shop and try to set it up for a Wednesday. That's usually the slowest day. Number's 254-826-4255. I need to get the correct shims at the shop since we're out right now. We're going to be closed on the 4th & 5th so maybe the sixteenth would be the best date since the week after will be the week people come in to get the stuff that broke down over the holiday fixed.

If you decide to do the heads I can send you some links for the bigger valves as well as the number to where I've been taking my heads to. Gary knows me and knows how specific I am when it comes to head work, so he'll do a good job.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline larrym

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
I'm balls deep into a set of heads (second set) these have stainless valves and pressed in guides looks like the intake valves have been unshrouded as well.
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline larrym

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
a couple more
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
Best ET 11.36

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27 2014, 08:52:25 PM »
Those look like a pair of mine Larry. Where'd you get them?

Offline larrym

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27 2014, 09:31:40 PM »
Vancouver Island canada the porting is all me they where untouched under the valves a little on the intake port to accommodate the bigger valve
Best ET 11.36

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27 2014, 09:45:17 PM »
Looks nice!  The only heads that I ever ported were off a 1969 Ford 429.  It took forever to get them the way that I wanted. At the time trick flow had not come out with their A460 heads, so I was balls deep into them not knowing a single thing about porting heads.  No flow bench, so it was by the seat of the pants. I feel they turned out pretty well. Made a hard first gear pull one time in that old thunderbird and one of the motor mounts broke, jammed the throttle wide open. Before I could get to the ignition to shut her down, I glanced at the tach and was going past 7800.  Never floated a valve and didn't throw a rod through the side of the block.   Man, I beat the crap out of that old ford and she kept asking for more...
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27 2014, 10:03:53 PM »
Vancouver Island canada the porting is all me they where untouched under the valves a little on the intake port to accommodate the bigger valve

Larry, I have pics of how Joe did mine. If I can find them...do you want me to send them to you?

Offline larrym

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27 2014, 10:05:24 PM »
Please!
I will add to my data base I have already downloaded and printed all of Charlie's pics.
Bet that is why they look familiar!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27 2014, 10:09:40 PM »
Please!
I will add to my data base I have already downloaded and printed all of Charlie's pics.
Bet that is why they look familiar!

PM me your e-mail addy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal