Author Topic: possibly leaning out according to wideband?  (Read 1654 times)

Offline 1986turboregal

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
possibly leaning out according to wideband?
« on: September 14 2013, 12:28:50 AM »
Just put a wideband in the car today along with a new 3" downpipe. My WOT a/f is anywhere from 10.4 to 12.4..... depending on how fast I am going.
I just did a couple pulls (the car pulls very hard for what it is) and it went from 10.4 to 11.8 in a matter of seconds. It seemed to hang around 11.8 and not go up from there. I did a pull on the highway, and my a/f went from the 10s to 12.4 and hungout there? Am I missing something here, is this normal? I dont seem to be getting any KR I see some points here and there and they go away....I have been fighting false knock for awhile now. It's dark out right now and I can't see my fuel pressure gauge, but I know that I have quite a bit of fuel added (45 line off, 5% added through chip for safety measures, no alky just straight 93 octane) the car has slight bolt ons, including a ta49, 60lb injectors and a tt chip...racetro nix fuel pump and hangar, new fuel filter, adjustable regulator, etc. the wideband is not hooked up to the computer, it is a stand alone system.

14-18 pounds of boost (yeah, the wastegate hole needs to be opened up quite a bit) on straight 93. also have a couple degrees of timing pulled out in 3rd to compensate for the boost in 3rd.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: possibly leaning out according to wideband?
« Reply #1 on: September 14 2013, 04:53:15 PM »
12.4 is dangerously lean for a boosted engine on pump gas.  If your wideband is around 14.7:1 at idle/cruise under closed loop conditions then it is safe to say that the gauge is reading correctly.  Which means that you are leaning out due to other factors (most likely in the fuel system).
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal