Author Topic: laptop stand made for our cars  (Read 1895 times)

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
laptop stand made for our cars
« on: August 03 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
complete laptop stand and mount.  will fit any size laptop.
This utilizes the existing passenger seat bolt, so no drilling is required, unless... you want the extra ridgidness if you have a really heavy laptop, or are pulling several g's.   You can drill up to 4 bolt holes in your floor for that extra support if desired (see pic of mounting plate).  I'm not pulling the front wheels off the ground on launches, but I have put my car into some pretty serious corners, and this thing stays solid with just the seat bolt.  The stand base has alot of surface area, and helps keep it stable if using just the seat bolt.   Fwiw, I am also using a fairly light and small notebook (pictured).
This thing can swivel and pivot your laptop.  It has push button locking quick-release buttons that make it easy to move out of the way if you have a passenger.  Whats really cool about this one is the quick release also allows you to remove the stand and laptop all as one unit in just a couple of seconds, leaving just the flat plate (mount) still attached on the floor.   
I like this thing because it doesn't look like the dorky telescoping ones you see in cop cars, and because its not some bulky unit built way over-kill for my application.
I have 3 of these, I'm just selling one.   I trimmed down the laptop pad on the one pictured in my car with a band-saw to the actual size of the bottom of my laptop for a more professional look and save room.  The one I'm selling has not been cut down (see pic of the uninstalled stand).
These where tailer  made for the buick regals with the bucket seats and factory console height, this will not work with a bench seat.  I will include pics and instructions of assembly, this is a very easy install.
$150 shipped to the lower 48

When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: laptop stand made for our cars
« Reply #1 on: August 03 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
sold
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal