Author Topic: The plot thickens...  (Read 5687 times)

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
The plot thickens...
« on: August 16 2005, 04:26:52 AM »
I'm not an trouble maker, but EVERYONE has been watching this thread about Nick Micale and Michelle at TBS: http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39669

Well, Nick has replied: http://www.t6p.com/forums/showpost.php?p=60662&postcount=7

I suggest you guys log in at a different computer to watch this on the sidelines to avoid looking as though you're at T6P for the atmosphere. Popcorn anyone? All I have is Costco cheese flavored...
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
Re: The plot thickens...
« Reply #1 on: August 16 2005, 07:03:23 AM »
I believe this will be cleared up along with Nicks name. I feel so much better now. Seriously, I was stressing.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16 2005, 07:55:45 AM »
FWIW & IMHO:
I doubt that this issue regarding Nink Micale and Michelle (sp?) will ever be totally cleared up. Once an allegation this serious has been brought up, it will never be proven one way or the other, unless one recinds their side of the story or pubically denounces their statement/statements. I am not passing judgement as I don't believe that this will ever be resolved by friends or backers, or not so much friends & non-backers standing up for one or bitching about the other.
In time, it will be all for the major part forgotten.

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
The plot thickens...
« Reply #3 on: August 16 2005, 03:02:40 PM »
**YAWN** Ok what's next...
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

DCEPTCN

« Reply #4 on: August 16 2005, 03:25:40 PM »
I'm the type who doesn't accuse people of anything unless I personally saw them do it, so I have no opinion of this either way.....I just think it's sad that the more serious an accusation is, the more likely it will be believed right away. I hope they get this ironed out because the last thing these stupid Buick boards need is more goddamned drama.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17 2005, 06:39:34 AM »
Exactly, what the boards need are competition between each other via racing, technical knoweldge (we're doomed here), show, or whatever (beer drinking, projectile vomiting, talking smack, etc.).  The drama gets old. Competition can do alot more good for camaraderie than this drama and bickering between the boards that occurs now.  Maybe even something along the lines of taking stock unmolested high mileage hoopty-esque TRS, giving the teams all the same aftermarket parts and allot time to install and tune.  Or, the participants can be told that they can only choose 5 out of 10 (for example only) parts from a select set of aftermarket parts.  Then race (granted the boards would have to take up a collection to buy a hoopty TR), the team that picked the best combination of parts and performed the best tuning should come out top and walk away with the win.

IMO, moderators should take it upon themselves to represent one board, and one board only; if nothing more than to say to the TR community that they are putting their support 100% behind that board and will do everything they can to make that board the best there is.  I have no problems with vendors acting as moderators, or even advertising on the various boards that they don't moderate on.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17 2005, 09:53:11 AM »
<puke>

I hate people that throw around the "slanderous" and "libel" labels, then threaten to get lawyers involved.

I still think he's an ass....
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

DCEPTCN

« Reply #7 on: August 17 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
Quote from: "SuperSix @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:53 am"
<puke>

I hate people that throw around the "slanderous" and "libel" labels, then threaten to get lawyers involved.

Please, S6- don't sugarcoat it. Tell us how you REALLY feel.  :rofl;

Offline NJTurbo

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17 2005, 02:13:13 PM »
Quote from: "SuperSix @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:53 am"
<puke>

That is funny. Send me a PM I had some of my close friends order over $3000.00 in parts and had issues in your back yard. I have more respect than dragging vendors around on the boards like some. The only time I do it is if there phone is disconnected and they jumped town.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #9 on: August 17 2005, 03:09:56 PM »
Quote from: "gordyzx9r @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:39 am"
Competition can do alot more good for camaraderie than this drama and bickering between the boards that occurs now.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17 2005, 10:27:05 PM »
I am of the opinion that you shouldn't air you dirty laundry unless it is your LAST resort.  A lot of people fly off the handle on these boards without really thinking before typing.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Racer X

• View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
The plot thickens...
« Reply #11 on: August 18 2005, 12:25:56 AM »
This is my only comment on the subject...

I have seen BOTH sides threaten court action and I just laugh. Obviously neither side has been to court because that route will be at least 10 times the amounts in question.

Racer (too much time in court) X
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18 2005, 01:07:14 AM »
Engaging in a court battle cross country has got to be a PITA.  If I have a problem with a business I try to see if their is a Better Business Bureau that can help, most likely they can't but it's worth a shot.  

My personal experience with a business went like this...

While I was in Afghanistan my wife rubbed up against the bumper of my GN parking her Rodeo in the garage.  It wasn't bad, just some scratches.  So, when I got back I took it to a body shop that was recommended by a local auto parts store.  So, while I was there I decided to have the Kenne Bell rear seat brace I had lying around installed as well.  I drop it off and they gawk at the car and say how nice it looks, blah, blah, blah.  Two days go by and they call me and ask me to come take a look at it.  So, I go in and the bumper looked like shit, it had overspray all over it as well as my new tail lights.  The trunk is open and they show me the brace, and yeah, so it's in there great.  They they shut the truck and there is a foot and halg gouge acorss the top of my trunk lid.  WTF!?!  So I flip out, and the lady was like, well, we think it was that way in it came in.  No, bitch, it wasn't.  So, she tells me, not to worry give us a chance to fix it.  

Two days go buy, I go back and the bumper still looks like shit (it was just a freaking scratch to begin with), and they repainted my trunk lid...without taking the spoiler off so it had a bead along the front of the spoiler now, and they didn't sand down the gouge as I could see the line in the paint still.  

I flip the fuck out.  The lady tells me that I'm just too picky and they'll never be able to get the car the way I want it.  To which I say, I had the car repainted a few years ago and they were able to do an excellent job at it.  She says, they can't.  So, I say fine I'll take it someplace else to get repaired and they'll have to reimburse me.  She says fine, but we're only going to pay what it would cost for us to fix it.  To which I say, how the fuck would you know what it would cost to fix it if you can't fix it in the first place.  So I take it to a couple more body shops that came recommended by a local car club.  The first two both ask me who did the repairs and when I tell them, they say they ain't touching the car.  When I ask why, they say for legal reasons they're not allowed too.  So, I take it to the Buick Dealership.  And the guy says the same thing, sort of.  He says, we're not going to "repair" the damage, we're going to take those pieces off (my trunk, spoiler, bumper, tail lights, everything back there), strip down everything and repaint it, as well as replace my tail lights.  The Buick dealership did an awesome job, it cost me an arm and a leg, but it got my GN back to perfect.  So, I take the bill back to the original place to be reimbursed.  Knowing now that they are shady, I took a tape recorder with me.  

So I hand her the bill and she starts laughing, we're not paying this, we could have fixed it cheaper.  Bullshit, your the ones that fucked it up in the first place and when you tried to fix it you made it worse.  Well, listen, it's not our fault, my father had a stroke and he's not here to manage the place, we're all very stressed.  And, our head painter is a drug addict and he left so his apprentice is doing all the work.  So, yeah we screwed up your car, it's a beautiful car, but I'm sorry we're still not going to reimburse you.  Well, I'm going to go talk to an attorney then.  Go ahead and take us to court, I'll lie since you can't prove anything.  Then I pull out my tape recorder and she's starts screaming for me to get off the property.

So I go to an attorney.  They hear me out, listen to the tape and have a good laugh.  Then they say, listen, it's going to cost you more for a lawyer than this is worth in the first place, in our opinion I'd just eat the cost and chalk it up to a lesson learned.  Or, take it to the TN version of small claims court.  

TN really doesn't have small claims court, they're version of it goes up to $10K where I think most states max out at like $2K.  And, even if the court finds in your favior it's your responsibility to collect.  If they don't want to pay, then you have to go through the laborous process of filing a lien.  

So I dropped it, I called the BBB and reported them.  But, in TN the BBB is powerless against a business unless that business is a member of the BBB (which they don't have to be).  I called my insurance company and they said there wasn't anything they could do.

Oh well, lesson learned.

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18 2005, 06:22:05 AM »
Gordyzx9r:
I am really sorry to hear of your heartache over that matter, but I would have had no second thoughts about releasing their name in the narrative so as to prevent any others from suffering the same fate. Hope all is well.

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18 2005, 10:18:37 AM »
Quote from: "Gary Wells @ Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:22 am"
Gordyzx9r:
I am really sorry to hear of your heartache over that matter, but I would have had no second thoughts about releasing their name in the narrative so as to prevent any others from suffering the same fate. Hope all is well.

This happened back in '02 and the place eventually went out of business.  I will say, that I later found a body shop who did excellent work (my Audi got tagged and my wife's Rodeo had some door dings) in Clarksville, TN called Bumpus.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal